+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 7/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

[QUOTE=blackflip;1981425]LOL--"old 1980's frogs"---I love it! It describes INXs to a tee! They are unrecognizable NOW versus their appearance in the old videos-- I saw "I need you tonight" on VH1 classic and couldn't believe how much they have changed. QUOTE]

They aren't going to look the same as they did 20 years ago! Of course their looks will change. I am just glad they can play as good as they used to.

FORT Regular
    LOL--I'm not saying their looks won't change,but they came on TV looking like high school professors and geezers in the first Rockstar season. David Bowie sure doesn't look the same as his heyday,but he still looks like someone in the industry--INXS looked out of date and uncosmeticized on the first show. They have since had a makeover and look more current in the tour footage this season.That said,I think that they had much more intelligent comments about THEIR band than Supernova has to date,and I am not bashing them--I watched every episode of RS:INXS,was rooting for them to choose a lead singer and remember them fondly from all those GREAT videos in the 80's like "One thing". And yes,they can still play! So don't take the old frog comment so seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by blackflip View Post
    LOL--I'm not saying their looks won't change,but they came on TV looking like high school professors and geezers in the first Rockstar season. David Bowie sure doesn't look the same as his heyday,but he still looks like someone in the industry--INXS looked out of date and uncosmeticized on the first show. They have since had a makeover and look more current in the tour footage this season.That said,I think that they had much more intelligent comments about THEIR band than Supernova has to date,and I am not bashing them--I watched every episode of RS:INXS,was rooting for them to choose a lead singer and remember them fondly from all those GREAT videos in the 80's like "One thing". And yes,they can still play! So don't take the old frog comment so seriously!
    I smell what you're stepping in. I guess if you are going to stay in the industry, you should at least age gracefully! Thanks for clearing up what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    Tommy, meanwhile, looks like he’s just been stabbed in the heart. He turns to the other Rockers and warns all of them NOT to make the band or their work look bad with the media or in the press. I think it was Gilby who then wanted Phil to know that Tommy was absolutely crushed to be letting him go and that he hadn't wanted to do it.
    Whoa, dude! That's crazy news. Thanks for filling us in, LAGuy.

You know, while I was watching the show, I noted how shocked and appalled the other contestants looked when Phil was announced as the one to go, but I bet it was actually their reactions to hearing the scandal!

All that said, I'm glad he picked a Failure song to sing. I've always liked that group and it definitely made my ears perk up, as it were. (You know, I bet Bobblehead gets stoned and listens to them. )

Patrice did an amazing job with "My Iron Lung." It takes majore nerve to do a Radiohead song, and that was a major victory for her.

I was not, however, pleased to hear "I'm Not an Addict" done in such a lackluster manner. That was probably Zayra's best performance thus far, but the song is just so good . . . it's unfair that she had to be the one to perform it.

LA Guy, what happened with Jason and Ryan? Eagerly awaiting your post on this!

I'm just about to watch the show myself, but I'll answer the second one right now.

After the Hatchet Man chopped Phil, he was standing there saying his final words to them. He stressed that he really was committed to being in their band. Suddenly, Dave pipes up with “Do you get newspapers up at the Mansion, Phil?”

“No.”

“Well,’ says Dave, “we do. Let me read you something.” He then proceeds to read an interview with Phil, in which he states that the reason he’s doing the show is to promote himself and his own band. What’s more, he doesn’t even like Supernova’s music!

Phil is taken aback when confronted by this, but does admit that he didn’t like “the Supernova riff” (or something like that). Tommy, meanwhile, looks like he’s just been stabbed in the heart. He turns to the other Rockers and warns all of them NOT to make the band or their work look bad with the media or in the press. I think it was Gilby who then wanted Phil to know that Tommy was absolutely crushed to be letting him go and that he hadn't wanted to do it.
    Thanks for this....it makes the reasoning for allowing Z to torture us for another week more understandable.
    Love lives forever <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dilanafan View Post
    LA Guy, what happened with Jason and Ryan? Eagerly awaiting your post on this!
    Jason really seemed pissed about Ryan's comments to Dana, and so used Ryan's own inadequacies (i.e. his voice & stage presence) against him. Ryan tried explaining that he was actually agreeing with Dana's assertion that she wasn't a student any longer -- but Jason wasn't buying it. He'd mention things Ryan said in the clip and then press him to explain himself further. I think Ryan was surprised to come under such heavy fire, and so had some trouble focussing his response. For example, he brought up again the bit about helping Dana in the past, but that she didn't seem to want his help. He also said that Dana is not a baby, and doesn't need to be coddled by anyone (or words to that effect). And so on and so on. There was a lot of repetition on both their parts -- and a whole lot of tension.

Like I said before: I sure wish I had a tape recorder at this show. There was just too much stuff to remember!

Tommy, meanwhile, looks like he’s just been stabbed in the heart. He turns to the other Rockers and warns all of them NOT to make the band or their work look bad with the media or in the press. I think it was Gilby who then wanted Phil to know that Tommy was absolutely crushed to be letting him go and that he hadn't wanted to do it.
    You know what else? How dare Phil break Tommy's heart like that! Tommy is a very "young" kind of guy. I don't mean that simply because he acts in a puerile manner--he just seems like one to rely more on emotional responses than "intellectual" ones, making him, well, kind of childlike. It's not a slam against Tommy, just a personality thing . . . and I bet that this hit Tommy pretty hard. I hate to see that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna View Post
    You know what else? How dare Phil break Tommy's heart like that! Tommy is a very "young" kind of guy. I don't mean that simply because he acts in a puerile manner--he just seems like one to rely more on emotional responses than "intellectual" ones, making him, well, kind of childlike. It's not a slam against Tommy, just a personality thing . . . and I bet that this hit Tommy pretty hard. I hate to see that sort of thing.
    You are absolutely right, Mantenna! When you watch the show, there's a shot of Tommy during Phil's good-bye which captures what I was talking about. He just looks so frickin' devastated; I really thought he was about to burst into tears in front of everyone.

I want to replace Gilby!! Thread Killer's Avatar
    Jason really seemed pissed about Ryan's comments to Dana, and so used Ryan's own inadequacies (i.e. his voice & stage presence) against him. Ryan tried explaining that he was actually agreeing with Dana's assertion that she wasn't a student any longer -- but Jason wasn't buying it. He'd mention things Ryan said in the clip and then press him to explain himself further. I think Ryan was surprised to come under such heavy fire, and so had some trouble focussing his response. For example, he brought up again the bit about helping Dana in the past, but that she didn't seem to want his help. He also said that Dana is not a baby, and doesn't need to be coddled by anyone (or words to that effect). And so on and so on. There was a lot of repetition on both their parts -- and a whole lot of tension.

Like I said before: I sure wish I had a tape recorder at this show. There was just too much stuff to remember!
    LA, your inside info is AWESOME!! It really helps to connect the dots.

Supernova needs to get over themselves,IMO. The contestants didn't even know what band they were auditioning for; how many of them would have even tried out if they knew the musical style would be an amalgamation of Metallica, Motley Crue, and Guns N' Roses?

SN came in after the fact, and everybody just has to make the best of it.

+ Reply to Thread