+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 7/26/06 *TEASERS*

Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 7/26/06 *TEASERS*

Best. Elimination. Taping. EVAH!!!

This one had it all: Intense Drama, Contentious Arguments, Awesome Performances, and (dare I say it?) a Surprise or two along the way. I don’t know how much will make it on air, however. There was an abundance of juicy stuff – and I think you guys are gonna want me (and Blues Songstres) to fill in the blanks when it’s all over. (DAMN, I wish I had a tape recorder at this one!)

After Brooke announced that voting was up another 15%, we got the usual recap – with the performances of Lukas, Toby, Dana, Ryan, and Dilana all highlighted as being the best of the bunch. According to the tape, more problematic performances came from Phil, Josh, Magni, Zayra, Jill and Patrice – before Storm got the show back on track.

Following the recap, we got a brief Q&A between Dave, SN and the Rockers, before we went into the “Back At The Mansion” footage. This reel focused on Jill, still smarting from Gilby’s remarks, and Dana, talking with Dilana and Ryan, and hearing some unpleasant comments.

The Q&A which followed this footage was AWESOME! Gilby started by following up on his comment to Jill – who got increasingly defensive. Before we knew it, it turned into a verbal knock down, drag out with Gilby and Jill really going at it! There’s no way that more than a snippet of this will make it on air, despite Dave commenting that this was TV at its best! “It’s better than watching Crossfire!” he proclaimed. (FWIW, I thought Gilby came out the winner this round.)

After Dave questioned Dana and Dilana about their clip, Jason started in on Ryan. And I mean really started in on Ryan. He said he had a problem with Ryan’s comments to Dana and that, though Ryan criticizes Dana, her voice and stage presence are better than his. (Ouch!) Ryan flails around a bit trying to explain himself, but Jason just keeps hammering away. It gets to the point that Brooke walks back out on stage, apparently unscripted, and tries to intervene: “There is so much tension here. Where is the love?” To which Dave, who is obviously eating it all up, replies: “When’s recess?”

After almost a half an hour of contentious Q&A, I wondered if we were ever going to get to an encore. Well, we did – but even that seemed to have some drama attached to it. When Brooke asked Tommy for the encore choice, he said they needed to talk about it some more! And, sure enough, SN left the pod and went backstage for awhile. Trust me, it’s never happened like this before. Even the House Band looked uncertain about what was going on.

More minutes passed before SN returned and announced their choice. We can speculate all we want about whether this was their original choice or not, and whether they had second thoughts or not. Unfortunately, I have no more info or insight into what really went down.

And, now, what everyone is waiting for: The Bottom 3!

In addition to the Early Voting Results Bottom 3 (Jill, Josh, and Zayra), TWO other Rockers hit the Bottom 3 in the course of the voting. And, as has happened a couple times now, the Final Bottom 3 did not end up the same as the Early Results one. (Dave admitted that he was surprised at one of the B3 Rockers.)

The songs performed by the Bottom 3 were:

My Iron Lung, Radiohead
    I’m Not An Addict, K’s Choice
    Smoking Umbrellas, Failure

As was the case in Week 2, the B3 Rockers sang their hearts out – with each one delivering probably their best performance to date! It was a treat to experience; but, yet again, it made Supernova’s decision less clear-cut than you would think.

Supernova deliberated for about 20 minutes. Then the Hatchet Man (wearing a red, horned Devil’s hood) made the cut. In one last final twist, the expelled Rocker is hoist on their own petard - as Dave uses their own words against them. (OUCH!)

All in all, this was one unbelieveable show!

Wow!!!!! Is it true??? WHo's the Hatchet man???

Quote Originally Posted by #1RealityTVFan View Post
    Wow!!!!! Is it true??? WHo's the Hatchet man???
    Tommy Lee has become affectionately known as the Hatchet Man, simply because he announces the cut every week.

OMG ... now how am I going to wait until tonight!!!!! And I can't wait for you guys to "fill in the blanks" after it's all said and done!

Quote Originally Posted by Goalwatcher View Post
    Tommy Lee has become affectionately known as the Hatchet Man, simply because he announces the cut every week.
    Thanks!!! I wonder who got eliminated? *crossing my finger for Toby Rand* I love TOby!

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    the expelled Rocker is hoist on their own petard - as Dave uses their own words against them. (OUCH!)
    My guess because of this teaser it's Patrice who's on the way out the door or as Tommy would say "Sorry, baby you have to leave us tonight" because of her little snippy exchange with Dave on last nights show.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Wow, LAGuy . . . this sounds as though it was an incredible show! I fully expect you to fill us in afterwards.

Jill versus Gilby? Well, we know who's going to win that argument. Perhaps the one who knows what he's doing?

Also, this is one of the best sets of songs I've ever seen:

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    My Iron Lung, Radiohead
    I’m Not An Addict, K’s Choice
    Smoking Umbrellas, Failure

Look even more forward to seeing it LAGuy. Can't wait for you and Blues Songstres to fill in the gaps. No way can they put all that into 1 hour.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

This is TOOO exciting..... i can officially say that I'm addicted to this forum... LOL

My guess because of this teaser it's Patrice who's on the way out the door or as Tommy would say "Sorry, baby you have to leave us tonight" because of her little snippy exchange with Dave on last nights show.
    Bubba-Jo: I agree with you on this one!!

that smart A$$!!! i can see how her little comments yesterday would lose her some fans..... you just don't do or say those kinds of things when you're trying to impress your future BOSS!

THANKS LAGUY!

Yes, THANK YOU LAGuy! Cannot wait for the show now!

Hmm, wonder if Ryan ends up in the final 3?
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast