+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 7/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by paulvons View Post
    Brown Sugar sounded like a lot of screaming to me. Thanks
    That's all Jill ever does. I hate that. Why are some of these guys incapable of understanding the difference between singing with power and screeching like a howler monkey?
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

My two cents:

I'm a Lukas fan. There's just an ease about him when he performs, that it feels like just that, a performance, whereas so many others try hard and make it sound like an audition. I think his confidence appeals to me.

Zayra...please go away. Now.

Toby sounded like crap to me last night, but it could be just because I heard "White Wedding" a zillion times in the 80's and a zillion more times in the ensuing 20 +/- years that it has become a commonplace and almost karaoke-like song to me.

Magni is winning me over. I couldn't understand why he was even there after his first ever performance on RS, but his voice is fantastic and I didn't even mind it that he stood there with his guitar.

Phil, meh.

Ryan, meh.

Josh, meh.

Patrice, meh.

Dana did an amazing job! If only she would get some dreds or get a cool-ass haircut and dye it blue...

Jill...When I look at her I think "Country Music" though her voice is anything but that. She's just not edgy enough to maintain my interest.

Storm is good, but she looks the same to me every week. The face she makes when she's singing is almost like she's sucking on a lemon, and it irritates me.

Dilana is just a fantastic artist. Phenomenal voice, good person. They couldn't ask for better than her. If she'd only stop shopping for her clothes in the Halloween store's "bar wenches" section!

"Halloween bar wenches" - hee!

I just figured out that Josh and Ryan are two separate people. For some reason, I never noticed before.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Goten View Post
    And then when Magni sings and doesn't move around enough, they're not happy. Because in order for a song to be good you have to move around like your either having a seizure or high. Riiiight.

(can you tell i'm a Magni fan?)

I thought Magni was the best of the night, he's really grown on me.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    I'm liking Dilana, very nice voice. She would be so much prettier without that crap in her face.
    I agree she would look 1000% better with that junk off her face. However, I don't get why people like her voice. I have a hard time even listening to her, and she is definitely no Cyndi Lauper!
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
    Ah, but she provides an element of predictable unpredictability to each performance. She may be kept around another few weeks for sheer entertainment, costumes, and "what the hell's she doing THIS week..." value !
    My sentiments exactly. I can tell Gilby gets a kick out of her, for the same reasons posted above...even though she's not right for the band, you have to wonder what in the world she'll come up with next.

Quote Originally Posted by huh? View Post
    Been watching this show since day one. This show is interesting, because it is like watching a trainwreck. All these 'singers' suck. After watching/listening to the tracks that Supernova played, well it doesn't matter who wins, because the band will be lucky to a)last a year b) sell over 1000 records. The only one of the band members that has any talent and has any credibility is Jason. Gilby was in GnR (and not even the original guitarist and not even good one at that). Tommy Lee was in a crappy hair band.
    I wouldn't call Motley Crue a "crappy" hair band....they sold millions of albums. And not ALL of the singers suck [mod edit - baiting]
    Last edited by JR.; 07-26-2006 at 06:24 PM.

FORT Fan
    I haven't listened to enough Motley Crue Music to have an opinion about them. However, Tommy Lee is by far the worst judge of the three on this show. Thanks

MRD
    Tommy Lee's a judge??? NO, go ON! I thought he was there to provide adolescent entertainment like Dave did last year. Judge? No way! (please read sarcasm in this post as it is intended to be as sarcastic and snarky as possible about Tommy Lee because the only things he's judging are T & A. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Tommy Lee's a judge??? NO, go ON! I thought he was there to provide adolescent entertainment like Dave did last year. Judge? No way! (please read sarcasm in this post as it is intended to be as sarcastic and snarky as possible about Tommy Lee because the only things he's judging are T & A. )
    Of course, that's what his reputation says about him....but something tells me there's a little more to T. Lee than what the media projects him to be. I met him once (while he was filming his reality show in Nebraska- Tommy Lee Goes to College), and he's really a nice, down to earth guy. Although, I'm sure the T & A are appealling to him, but he can see (and get) that anywhere. I think his heart is really in this project. He's the best thing that came out of Motley Crue, in that he's the only member that's doing something other than living off MC songs.

+ Reply to Thread