+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 7/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Thanks, Blues Songstres. Mr. Rattus wants to know - big Dramarama fan.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Storm actually wanted "Call Me", but Zayra threw a fit saying how she needed that song because she has been in the bottom 3 too much. So, Storm, being the nice gal she is, didn't put up a fight. Storm was the only rocker who even knew the song "Anything, Anything"...She rocked it!

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Did the rockers give her that guitar, looks like the all signed it.

All the rockers got new acoustic Les Paul Guitars. I believe they all signed each other's guitars, but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Not when he is in this pissy of a mood.
    Could it be because of his impending divorce? That would be enough to put anyone in a pissy mood. He's still hot though!

I can't vote "this page cannot be found" when I click on the link.

oh well...

FORT Fanatic
    oh man storm exploded tonight! i stand by my prediction she and toby are the final two. two best of the night. i thought dilana was my favorite, but now storm is too! last week her cars performance riveted me when i rewatched the performance countless times. but tonight that performance was her best! i just love how she moves her eyes!

and first time i loved toby. i love "white wedding" and he absolutely rocked it and has proven he can really go to the end. and i personally am a huge billy idol fan. wtg toby! lukas was okay as usual, and dana finally gave a performance i can re-watch! though she didnt beat dilana's devil impression.

and as for the losers, patrice had her worst yet but she wont be in the bottom three. i also think jill will be safe as well. was i the only one who like that performance? to be honest, i liked the hole performance if only to enjoy the love impersonation. ryan once again is just floating on top of the low field until all the bad talent is gone.

bottom three: josh, zayra, and phil.........

and josh and zayra both get cut!

btw is dramarama is one of those punk pop bands today? i dont like that music but i loved that performance! again, i love storm's eyes!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    My favorite remains my favorite; though Storm was once again rockin' and sellin' her song. I noticed she kept tugging down the front of her skirt when she got close to the end of the runway - LOL. The dive into the crowd (thank goodness there were males up front) was a dramatic statement that she digs performance. Ryan also impressed me tonight - he seemed more take charge and not as smarmy. The Jill performance (though I think from the Reality tape the song was rehearsed with Gilbert) looked as though she was kissing a** big time. His comments about female rock singers not having to use sex to sell their performances was greeted by bows of acknowledgment from Dilana...right on, Gilbert!

Poor, dear Zayra - I don't think she has a clue...she thinks she is on the same page as the others but tonight SN was laughing at her. Dana was all right - she must have studied Dilana's performances because she tried out similar head movements and intense eyes. What she didn't study was Dilana's stage movement even when standing sitll; more lessons Dana. Bobble Phil just can't contain his tic. For some reason I was not as impressed with either Magni or Toby tonight. Toby's stage action seemed forced (me male - you not) and Magni didn't seem to have much power. Lukas...his insecurities are taking out his arrogance (almost.) His immaturity is starting to show with perfomance now...don't know if he can pull it together...maybe if he just says no to the beer keg - maybe. Patrice - blah. Josh - blah.

Looking forward to tomorrow's show...Storm may be the encore - wonder if her performance will include another swan dive?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 07-26-2006 at 02:09 AM.

FORT Fanatic
    oh and i have to comment on a few more things. i was also laughing at zayra! can you say cyber-sl$t? that was by far the most hideous appearance yet on this show. i actually re-watched her performance because it was so laughable!

and how awesome was the guitarist singing with dilana and patrice!

FORT Newbie
    1.Zayra--the outfit looked like something out of a comic book but the vocal was hideous--she sang flat most of the time. She has a problem staying in tune and she really is not right for this group

2.Magni gave a credible version of Heroes(which I agree is one of the best songs of the rock era and was written and originally sung by THE rock god--Bowie!) and I thought the criticism of the group was nitpicky. I felt their criticism was off the whole night actually.

3.Storm is awesome and I could see her doing a great Call Me and fronting the band

4.Dilana was riveting--she has IT! You cannot take your eyes off her. She is a budding rock goddess live but when you close your eyes--the voice does not have a great range. You have to wonder how she would sound on record or on the radio.

5.patrice is boring

6.Lucas is Ok

&.Toby is good--good vocals and stage presence and the girls love him

9.Jill--she did a good version of Brown sugar but let me tell you that Brown sugar is a racist, degrading song and is far from a favorite(some of the lyrics are about a slave master buying a black woman in New orleans for sex)--I am really surprised to hear her sing that song on TV. As to her grinding--the song itself was cheap and sexist(and racist) so the cheap grinding fit right in IMO. As to the guy complaining about that--is he really a rock and roll musician and if he is so PC why the hell was he playing that particular song to start with? at least Dave and Tommy are keeping it real.

10.the band's new music--it was not what I expected. I agree with those who posted that it sounds very 70's--I felt it sounded almost like Glam rock . I kind of thought they'd be a little heavier....but as I like a lot of glam rock and even some glam metal--should be ok if they pick the right vocalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Sea Hag View Post
    Josh, Jill and Zayra...bottom three.

Please send Zayra home.
    Ah, but she provides an element of predictable unpredictability to each performance. She may be kept around another few weeks for sheer entertainment, costumes, and "what the hell's she doing THIS week..." value !

+ Reply to Thread