+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 7/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I feel strangely satisfied that they booted someone who made sense this time.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Newbie
    Would have been happier with BOTH Jenny and Dana going home though.

FORT Fan
    I felt kind of bad for Dana. I thought she was in the bottom 3 mainly due to the song she chose last night. Thanks

Ryan looks like the lovechild of Adam Sandler and David Blaine (the magician).

On another note...why are all the threads in Rockstar:Supernova all closed?

That boot didn't shock me at all. I think it was right on the money.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fan
    I have a hard time believing that any of these singers could perform a Bon Jovi or Duran Duran song and get a good reaction from these guys. I think REM got a better reaction from them because they are considered a cooler band even though the song was soft and slow. Thanks
    You're so right. And that really doesn't say much for "Supernova" that they seem so biased basing a large part of their opinion on whether they like the original artist or not.

After seeing the clip of Dilana watching the video of Dana's performance, I think Dilana would make a much better judge than the Supernova guys!

I'm not a fan of Dana's personality when she's interacting with the guys, but I really don't think she was bad and thought the song sounded good. It's just as some of us have already said, there's no way in hell the Supernova guys will admit to like a Bon Jovi song.

My advice would be do a Nirvana song every friggin week! And do it loud. Do their whole catalog! Nirvana gets the passing grade in "coolness" so you'll really have to butcher it not to get a positive review.

Except as someone else said, note to Josh -- stop smiling during Nirvana songs! But see, he still made it just because he cranked up the volume with Nirvana.

I think it's a joke that that they've seem to convince Toby that his performance was poor. I personally think it was a very good performance and no different than his "Somebody Told Me" that week before, the only difference is that was a rocker and this was softer, emotional song.

And that seems to be all that matters on this show. Play it loud and crank up the volume. Doesn't matter if can sing or are believable, just do something loud by a band that Supernova thinks is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    I feel strangely satisfied that they booted someone who made sense this time.
    I hear you AsIs. It seemed pretty clear that of the three performances, hers was the weakest. From what I've heard, Jenny's vocals just can't carry a hard hitting rock song. Thought Dana's performance was an improvement, and Josh did OK, but with the screaming parts he seemed a bit forced.

Too funny when Tommy Lee was saying "Bring me something hard" or something like that, while sporting his pink jacket Though I've found him somewhat entertaining so far - his lecherous ways are beginning to wear thin...

Quote Originally Posted by raisingrrrl View Post
    PLEASE DO NOT MURDER SASS!!!!! I love this song!!! ACK!
    A little off-topic:

About Sass Jordan.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby View Post
    On another note...why are all the threads in Rockstar:Supernova all closed?
    When the shows air, the mods close all the threads (except for that particular night's thread) so we don't accidentally spoiler things while the episode is being shown on the West Coast etc. Once the show has aired everywhere, the mods will open the other threads up again.

Anyone else notice Phil YAWNING during the Bottom 3's performances?

Not saying that being in the Bottom 3 is a good thing, but it does give these singers more air time to show their stuff. And I don't think that's necessarily bad. Last season, MiG wasn't in the Bottom 3 until the end of the show...and I think it would've helped his case for the INXS to hear him sing INXS songs 'cause when he did, he brought it!

I actually warmed up to Dilana tonight. Love her South African accent and thought she was lovely to help Dana (although I'm sure part of the reason she wasn't worried about helping Dana is 'cause she's not worried about her actually being a threat to her in this competition).

Quote Originally Posted by paulvons View Post
    If INXS were judging Jenny I wonder how many times they would have used the words comfort zone by now.

I have a hard time believing that any of these singers could perform a Bon Jovi or Duran Duran song and get a good reaction from these guys. I think REM got a better reaction from them because they are considered a cooler band even though the song was soft and slow. Thanks
    It's not because REM is considered to be cooler, it's because they write better songs. I'm not an REM fan particularly, but I am a fan of music in general and BJ and DD's songs have a bit of a written-by-committee shlockiness to them and are less likely to get a positive reaction from actual musicians.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread