+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 7/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

just when you escape... raisingrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pandie5 View Post
    BUT, last night - when he decided boldly to rock yet ANOTHER Nirvana song (talk about safe?!) he was doing some never-before heard version where "Hey - wait" was suddenly changed to "FWAYYYYYYYYYY, FWAYYYYYY" and I have no idea what that was all about!!

He didn't just do it once, he did it EVERY TIME.

Why didn't they bust him for that? FWAY??? What?
    I thought I was the only one who heard that! What a dork!

FORT Fan
    Does anyone know what happened to the producer who was on the first week? I thought he was supposed to be one of the judges.

I think we may see Zayra stick around for a while. I thinnk it's a tight race between her and Lukas as far as who the villain of this season is. However, they have cut down on the reality show portion of the series this season. I guess somebody decided it wasn't that important. I'm glad, I don't miss having a lot of scenes coming from the mansion. Thanks

just when you escape... raisingrrrl's Avatar
    he wasn't one of the judges.... he was a guest judge for last week.... if you read LAGuy's teasers, he explains that there were supposed to be guest judges the past 2 weeks to, but they were no shows.

I don't know if this question has been raised but doesn't this season's group have less vocal ability that last? So far, all I've been hearing is screechin'/hollerin'. One girl has a descent voice but they can't compare to the amazing vocalists from RS:Inxs

Tommy Lee giving instructional advice:
    "DUDE! That was awesome!"
    "U rock!"
    "Horns up!"
    "That sucked!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fudatskee View Post
    I don't know if this question has been raised but doesn't this season's group have less vocal ability that last? So far, all I've been hearing is screechin'/hollerin'. One girl has a descent voice but they can't compare to the amazing vocalists from RS:Inxs
    That's a matter of taste. This group was picked based upon the style/taste of Supernova so yes, the style of singing is going to be much, much different than last year's contestants.

The screaming is one of the things that's been bugging me, too, because most of them arre clueless about how to rock it while singing. They think rock = scream. That's what I like about Toby: he knows how to balance it all, getting the gruff rocker sound without compromising actual singing. He reminds me a little of Freddy Mercury in that sense. I also like Patrice for the same reason, although she's not quite hard enough.

Jill and Lukas, OTOH… nope.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

But the judges seem to favor the screaming from the contestants. They seem to equate "crush it" with "screech it".
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

What's with Magni getting the encore? I did think Magni did a good job, but did he really deserve the encore? I thought they were praising Dilana and Lukas the most?

No surprise Jenny, Josh and Dana were in the bottom 3. Zayra was just lucky that 2 of these people went slow and acoustic the night before! I was quite surprised that Dana actually performed well last night. Who would have thought she had some rocker chick in her? I still say she belongs on American Idol. Josh did ok with his version of Heart Shaped Box, not great but way better than Come As You Are. Josh isn't right for SN either. I never thought Jenny was right nor did she have the stong vocals needed to front Supernova. No loss, no surprise, buh-bye Jenny.

Did anyone else think her comment about "the best slap in the face" was a bit sarcastic?

FORT Fan
    But the judges seem to favor the screaming from the contestants. They seem to equate "crush it" with "screech it".
    Exactly, that's what they're looking for. They don't care about actual singing or whether someone captures the emotion in the song. Just give them a loud rocker.

What's with Magni getting the encore? I did think Magni did a good job, but did he really deserve the encore? I thought they were praising Dilana and Lukas the most?
    Remember, this is a Mark Burnett produced show (hence the "tension" and confrontation between Dana and Ryan), they don't want to make things obvious. I think they want to people to believe there's many true contenders so they don't want to be choosing the same person over and over. They already used Dilana for the encore, and probably think they'll be using Lukas soon, so if someone else is just okay, pick them and make it seem like they have a chance.

+ Reply to Thread