+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 7/19/06 *TEASERS*

Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 7/19/06 *TEASERS*

Hey, gang! Just got back from a very, very surprising Elimination Show.

We started off with the usual recap of the performances, leading in to footage of the Rockers back at the Mansion. Toby, for one, is bummed he didn’t perform better, and Dana turns to Dilana for advice on what she can do to improve. In the footage, Ryan makes some negative comments about Dana’s performance, which Dave follows up on in the Q&A. Ryan, to his credit, doesn’t back-pedal or tone down his remarks – and Dana responds in kind. There's a bit of “he said, she said” going on – and I don’t know how much will make it on the air -- but whatever does should make for some feisty TV viewing.

Encore time – and the first surprise of the show. Not that it was "undeserved". This person was, indeed, one of the best performers the other night. I just think that most people are expecting it to go to someone else. However, as will become painfully clear later, Supernova are going to do things their own way.

Great job on the encore, btw. (The Chosen Rocker, in fact, had to perform the encore twice. There must have been technical difficulties, as there was nothing wrong with the performance either time.)

On to the Bottom 3:

As per usual, Brooke announced the Early Voting Results Bottom 3: Jenny, Ryan, and Dana. BUT, 2 other Rockers hit the Bottom 3 in the course of the voting. And, as happened in Week 1, the Final Bottom 3 did not end up exactly the same as the Early Results one.

The songs performed by the Bottom 3 were:

Vasoline, Stone Temple Pilots
    High Road Easy, Sass Jordan
    Heart-Shaped Box, Nirvana

Supernova retired to deliberate for about 25 minutes. I’d venture to say that almost everyone – including the Rockers themselves – thought they knew what was going to happen. But when the hatchet finally fell, it chopped a different target.

I'm bettin' you guys are gonna be talkin’ about this one for days.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    Hey, gang! Just got back from a very, very surprising Elimination Show.

We started off with the usual recap of the performances, leading in to footage of the Rockers back at the Mansion. Toby, for one, is bummed he didn’t perform better, and Dana turns to Dilana for advice on what she can do to improve. In the footage, Ryan makes some negative comments about Dana’s performance, which Dave follows up on in the Q&A. Ryan, to his credit, doesn’t back-pedal or tone down his remarks – and Dana responds in kind. There's a bit of “he said, she said” going on – and I don’t know how much will make it on the air -- but whatever does should make for some feisty TV viewing.

Encore time – and the first surprise of the show. Not that it was "undeserved". This person was, indeed, one of the best performers the other night. I just think that most people are expecting it to go to someone else. However, as will become painfully clear later, Supernova are going to do things their own way.

Great job on the encore, btw. (The Chosen Rocker, in fact, had to perform the encore twice. There must have been technical difficulties, as there was nothing wrong with the performance either time.)

On to the Bottom 3:

As per usual, Brooke announced the Early Voting Results Bottom 3: Jenny, Ryan, and Dana. BUT, 2 other Rockers hit the Bottom 3 in the course of the voting. And, as happened in Week 1, the Final Bottom 3 did not end up exactly the same as the Early Results one.

The songs performed by the Bottom 3 were:

Vasoline, Stone Temple Pilots
    High Road Easy, Sass Jordan
    Heart-Shaped Box, Nirvana

Supernova retired to deliberate for about 25 minutes. I’d venture to say that almost everyone – including the Rockers themselves – thought they knew what was going to happen. But when the hatchet finally fell, it chopped a different target.

I'm bettin' you guys are gonna be talkin’ about this one for days.
    Ooooh, excellent teaser! I can't wait for tonight! You actually make me want to watch this show LAGuy! You make it more exciting for me than the show itself. Oh gawd, I hope Supernova doesn't do something stupid and chop one of the few rockers I do like!

Ooooh! Sounds intriguing. I want to be talking about it for days and am hoping for something spectatcular in order to give this show a jumpstart.

Quote Originally Posted by Trynity View Post
    Ooooh, excellent teaser! I can't wait for tonight! You actually make me want to watch this show LAGuy! You make it more exciting for me than the show itself. Oh gawd, I hope Supernova doesn't do something stupid and chop one of the few rockers I do like!
    I agree with you on this. Hopefully it won't be one of my faves.

Thanks, LAGuy. If not for your previews and take on things, I don't know if I'd be interested enough to watch. I'm sure the live show is more interesting than the TV version.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Regular
    Oooooooh, LAGUY! AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHH! Why do you do this to us? (But I'm glad you do.)

How many minutes until 7:00?

Will you tell us what didn't air after the show?

If we were betting on this, my bet would be Josh goes tonight.

I also think Magni got the encore.
    Last edited by stlouischili; 07-19-2006 at 04:26 PM.

just when you escape... raisingrrrl's Avatar
    Alright... LAGuy.... I'm going to make another prediction based on what you said... and you can tell me if I'm wrong...

Ryan - Vasoline
    Jill - High Road Easy
    Dana - Heart Shaped Box

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Hey LaGuy! Thanks so much for the tidbits!

I am jonesing to know who was auffed more than ever now. You are beyond lucky to get to attend these things!!!

Sass Jordan?! LOL That's the last song I would have expected making it on here. I'll say that Jenn's the one that sings her song, especially since she's from Canada.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Quote Originally Posted by raisingrrrl View Post
    Alright... LAGuy.... I'm going to make another prediction based on what you said... and you can tell me if I'm wrong...

Ryan - Vasoline
    Jill - High Road Easy
    Dana - Heart Shaped Box
    WRONG.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast