+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 7/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

MRD
    I'm just not into this this year and I think part of that is the house show. Yes, I watch it online, but its not the same. And the contestants are lame this year with a couple exceptions.
    Last year, I would run to vote. I haven't voted once this year.

And last year it wasn't because I was a huge INXS fan. I had never really listened to INXS in their heyday and yet the show made me go out and buy the new CD and a greatest hits collection. I highly doubt I buy Supernova's CD.

Tommy Lee is an A** he makes no constructive comments. Gilby is the only one. They rarely show Jason making comments unless he's being edited out.
    And I didn't think anyone could get any worse than Dave Navarro was last year and now Tommy Lee makes Dave look and act like a kindergarten teacher.

I'm really disappointed. I had high hopes for this show and I'm thinking that this is probably going to be the last one. No Rock Star next summer.

They should nix Tommy Lee and find a drummer along with a singer!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I'm just not into this this year and I think part of that is the house show. Yes, I watch it online, but its not the same. And the contestants are lame this year with a couple exceptions.

And last year it wasn't because I was a huge INXS fan. I had never really listened to INXS in their heyday and yet the show made me go out and buy the new CD and a greatest hits collection. I highly doubt I buy Supernova's CD.

Tommy Lee is an A** he makes no constructive comments. Gilby is the only one. They rarely show Jason making comments unless he's being edited out.
    And I didn't think anyone could get any worse than Dave Navarro was last year and now Tommy Lee makes Dave look and act like a kindergarten teacher.

I'm really disappointed. I had high hopes for this show and I'm thinking that this is probably going to be the last one. No Rock Star next summer.

Totally agree. I get the feeling Im watching an audition for Tommy Lee's new girlfriend and it's somewhat ridiculous.
    Gotta say I like Jill, she can belt it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I hear ya, Rosie! Even the criticism seems to be less constructive this season.

And whoever said the thing about having more songs that the band would like to hear was spot on. This whole "fight for your song" is a farce. So it's not really the best singer who gets the song, but the biggest bully in some instances. They always have some clunkers in there and then ask, "Why would you pick that song?" Well, because that was one of the choices you gave them to sing, idiots. But I suppose that's to create the "friction" part of the show. Though that said, a truly great singer would be able to rock ANY song they were told to sing. Again, I'm thinking of Marty singing that Britney Spears song last season, reworking it and nailing it.

Quote Originally Posted by iced_spice View Post
    Dilana is Wiccan?
    Who knows? I was saying that's what her whole persona on stage reminded me of last night. Ick.

ITA ,I'm surprised CBS hasn't canceled it this year sucks ,last year was awesome. There's only 2 that I like Toby & Jill, will watch the entire show but really only pay close attention to those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Out of the park, Dilana. And a sexier look this week.

Honestly, can you look away from the screen when she's on?
    Not only can I look away, I actually switched the channel.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    My favorites last night were Dilana, Magni, Toby, Jill & probably (yuck) Lukas.
    Agreed, except that I can't understand Lukas half the time.

Storm and Patrice did okay. I liked what Phil did, so I'll cut him some slack.

I'd say that was a good show. Not as good as week 1, better than week 2, and, as a whole, far superior to last year's POPstar show.

I'm guessing Supernova doesn't give a rat's #%$ about getting on mainstream radio, just as they don't care if you can sing a pretty song *see Chris watching at home.

They all were warned, yet Josh and Jenny took Hard Rock songs and went acoustic. WTF !!! Get lost. See you at the coffee shop; I'll put a dollar in your guitar case.

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Downsey View Post
    Is Tommy not just a little bit vacant? Gilby is the one who should be in charge, or Jason for that matter. Tommy just wants everyone to know he's horny.
    As if we don't already KNOW that, Tommy!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I think Zayra looks exactly like Celine Dion... body, face (especially her mouth), and performance theatrics. Anyone else agree?

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    I'm just hanging out here until Josh or Chris show up on LCS. I haven't found a favorite on this show. Lukas seems to think he has it in the bag. I'm afraid this year will be a repeat of last year and the guy I don't like will win it.

Lukas is like Boy George dressed up as a skunk.
    Or a Beetlejuice mini-me.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post
    They all were warned, yet Josh and Jenny took Hard Rock songs and went acoustic. WTF !!! Get lost. See you at the coffee shop; I'll put a dollar in your guitar case.
    So funny!
    These contestants definitely are not the brightest, but I'll cut them some slack if they put on a good show.
    Note to the contestants: Sing hard rock songs (not pop) and don't go acoustic. Modify any "softer" songs that you may get stuck with to make them harder. Avoid ballads at all cost. Also, dress like a rocker, and move around (the band likes that).

+ Reply to Thread