+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 7/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Apparently THIS was the "Celine Dion extravaganza" Tommy Lee mentioned earlier. He just gave that comment to the wrong performer.

She did sound bad, didn't she? I thought maybe it was my ears.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    She did sound bad, didn't she? I thought maybe it was my ears.
    Not that it sounded bad, just wrong, wrong, wrong for this band. TOTALLY wrong. And I still feel as though she doesn't have a clue. She should have auditioned for American Idol instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ateapot View Post
    AMEN to that. This is why this season's disappointing compared to last time with INXS. This time last season you had JD, Marty, Mig, Jordis, Suzie and even Ty - all of whom could have conceivably won. This time around I feel that they're wasting time - why not just eliminate everyone but Dilana, Lukas and Toby already?

I agree most of them sound like pretenders.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

The difference between last year and this year is two-fold. One, INXS vs 3 Stooges. And half the singers or more just don't have it. Even the not so great singers last year had something of a stage presence.

But each week, there are maybe three songs Gilby, Tommy, and Jason will like in the song selection the contestants pick from. And if you don't get one of those songs you are pretty screwed.

Toby did fine tonight. But they don't want anything that hints of mellow. They just want people to "crush" songs.

I wasn't a INXS fan until I watched the show last season. I bought their new album and their greatist hits album. I won't be buying whatever album comes out of this. So here's hoping Dilana doesn't win it. I would like to buy her album.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    AMEN to that. This is why this season's disappointing compared to last time with INXS. This time last season you had JD, Marty, Mig, Jordis, Suzie and even Ty - all of whom could have conceivably won. This time around I feel that they're wasting time - why not just eliminate everyone but Dilana, Lukas and Toby already?
    Agreed. It was more exciting last season...and I can't remember who sang "All Right Now" tonight but I still remember MiG's verison from last season...

I hated Dilana's performance tonight. Again, I just don't get the love for her. Everything about her bothered me--the song (but granted, I don't like the Cranberries version of this song either), her clothes, the piercings... Have any of you seen "The Grudge"? The scary characters in there move around really fast and seem to move without using their legs...that's what Dilana reminded me of tonight. A Wiccan version of one of the charcters from "The Grudge" ... A big yuck. Patrice did the best job of the women...

As for the men...Tonight was the first time I really liked Lukas' performance. I thought he added a great twist to an old classic that everyone already knows. Magni also did a fantastic job. He could replace Scott Weiland in STP if they needed a new singer...

Josh--he's the one who sang "Come As You Are"? He was off-key half the time...

In general, the whole evening was "meh." (I did turn on ABC's "The One" to see what that was all about and got bored pretty quickly...)

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    So here's hoping Dilana doesn't win it. I would like to buy her album.
    Oh Lordy, YES! Here I've been hoping that Dilana wins because she's the only one I really like - completely forgetting it means RECORDING with the 3 Stooges!

So now I'm praying to the Dark Gods of Spinal Tap that Lukas wins this - just so I can go and buy Dilana's solo album.

FORT Fan
    But each week, there are maybe three songs Gilby, Tommy, and Jason will like in the song selection the contestants pick from. And if you don't get one of those songs you are pretty screwed. Toby did fine tonight. But they don't want anything that hints of mellow. They just want people to "crush" songs.
    Well said. I totally agree. That's the major flaw with this show. When I originally heard the concept for this season, I thought it could work as long as what Gilby said in the first episode was true, that they aren't looking to be a metal band. I thought if they just want to be a good hard rock band it could work. But no, it doesn't seem like it at all. Anything that's not a rocking song gets criticized.

I really think Toby performed better than Magni tonight, but because Magni did the harder sounding Stone Pilots song, he gets a passing grade and Toby gets told that he must "crush it" next week.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    A Wiccan version of one of the charcters from "The Grudge" ... A big yuck. Patrice did the best job of the women...
    Dilana is Wiccan?

Oh Lordy, YES! Here I've been hoping that Dilana wins because she's the only one I really like - completely forgetting it means RECORDING with the 3 Stooges!

So now I'm praying to the Dark Gods of Spinal Tap that Lukas wins this - just so I can go and buy Dilana's solo album.
    Can we form a circle? I will pray to the Dark Gods of Spinal Tap in a heartbeat! LOL
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    A deserving bottom 3:

Yawnie Galt.
    Dana The Fetus.
    Ryan The Fake.

Classic...my poor Cdn Sister is not long for this show....

I'm going to have to give Dilana another look. I have not seen what everyone else has. She's a one trick pony to me. And...a little scary.

I have to keep an eye on the fact that the Band is a group of the '80's. So...Lucas...Dilana...Phil...s eem to be the cream.

And in closing. Is Tommy not just a little bit vacant? Gilby is the one who should be in charge, or Jason for that matter. Tommy just wants everyone to know he's horny.

+ Reply to Thread