+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 7/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular
    Jenny and Zayra both made my ears hurt. I did think Zayra was kinda gutsy last week choosing the same song both times, but I'm sick of her schtick. Jenny's just BAD.

Dilana-- I don't like that song, I don't like the headbangy version of that song, but she's undeniably really, really good.

A deserving bottom 3:

Yawnie Galt.
    Dana The Fetus.
    Ryan The Fake.

Except by all right Zayra should be there. Maybe instead of Ryan, who was no worse than usual.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Why are they pimping Zayra? That SUCKED!
    I didn't get that either. It was inexplicable for them to gush about her. I thought she was dreadful.

I agree with whoever said there's only three or four real contenders on this show.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fan
    The comments to Toby kind of disturb me. Sleeping during the song? Comments that he needs to "crush it", etc.

It's a song with emotion!!!!!! I thought Toby conveyed the emotion perfectly.

What I don't like about this is that it seems that if you do a really rocking song with lots of screaming, you'll get a thumbs up. If you do a softer song with emotion, you get the boring comment and told that you need to rock next time. C'mon, not all rock songs are straight out rockers and yelling. A good song can be a softer song with emotion in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I just can't get over Dilana. She's magnetic. I love watching her perform.

I agree she makes me just want to watch... completely magnetic. She has my vote.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I didn't get that either. It was inexplicable for them to gush about her. I thought she was dreadful.

I agree with whoever said there's only three or four real contenders on this show.
    I really agree, I think Dilana is the top female contender for sure... for men I like Magni. He went from showguy to a really good rocker real fast. Kudos to him.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fan
    I didn't think Dana was that bad. I thought the song sounded pretty good actually.

And I wanted Zayra gone last week, but I thought she did well this week. Once again, the song has emotion in it, and she displayed in the performance.

What I look for is to see whether whatever the emotion is in the song comes through in the performance. Take Josh for instance, doing Come As You Are while smiling? Nope, doesn't work for me.

As I was listening to Zayra, I was thinking to myself "man, the house band is freakin' great" and then I realized "huh, Everybody Hurts is one of those bulletproof songs" in that there is always something of value to be found in every performance of it. In this case it was the backing band, not the godawful singer.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Why are they pimping Zayra? That SUCKED!
    Apparently THIS was the "Celine Dion extravaganza" Tommy Lee mentioned earlier. He just gave that comment to the wrong performer.

Anyway, just end this show now and give it to Dilana and get it over with.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    Those are the only three contenders that I can see.
    AMEN to that. This is why this season's disappointing compared to last time with INXS. This time last season you had JD, Marty, Mig, Jordis, Suzie and even Ty - all of whom could have conceivably won. This time around I feel that they're wasting time - why not just eliminate everyone but Dilana, Lukas and Toby already?

+ Reply to Thread