+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rock Star - 7/16 Live Performance Report **MAJOR SPOILERS**

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    Thanks LAGuy!
    Awesome recap!
    Now I'm really looking forward to seeing Dilana singing Zombie tonight. That song fits her to a "T". I'm in awe of her talent and her ability to choose the right songs.
    If the band is looking for someone who scares them then Dilana would sure fit the bill. I definitely would not want to bump into her in a dark alley.

FORT Fan
    LAGuy, how did you remember so many details? Did you tape the live show or something? Yes, some comments were cut from Tuesday's aired show, like Dave's comment on Dana about Taylor Hicks as a janitor.

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Thanks so much for the inside scoop, LAGuy!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

FORT Fan
    Some comments will be cut — or at least, partially bleeped. And I can pretty much guarantee that tonight's broadcast version will not include the boys' more candid comments, dissing American Idol and Bon Jovi.
    LA Guy,

That was from a media article about the taping. Can you elaborate? What exactly did Supernova say?

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde View Post
    LAGuy, how did you remember so many details? Did you tape the live show or something?
    I have a very good memory. (Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...)

Seriously, I try to remember as much as I can, as well as taking (frequently illegible) notes.

Quote Originally Posted by CC2003 View Post
    LA Guy,

That was from a media article about the taping. Can you elaborate? What exactly did Supernova say?
    The dissing of American Idol would have to be Dave's comment to Dana that, if she were on "that other singing competition, Taylor Hicks would be your janitor."

Regarding Bon Jovi: Aside from Gilby's "Why would you pick that song, Matt?" and some general eye-rolling, the only thing I remember is Jason saying something like "You almost made me like a Bon Jovi song tonight."

FORT Fan
    Thanks. It's great to have some here that can give us the scoop of what's really said, not just what makes it to TV after editing.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    Thanks, Blues Songstres! And I agree with you about Phil. He gets a lot of props for having such a surprising performance, but I'm not sure how good he actually sounded. However, like Dave says, rock 'n roll isn't about always hitting the notes.

As always, it'll be interesting to see how it all translates to TV.

Will you be going to more of the tapings? If so, I'd love to meet up sometime. Just look for me near the Rockers Pod (usually).
    I should be there every Sunday and on Wednesdays when I can. I was at the elimination show today - a few surprises for sure!!!

Would love to meet up. Will look for you Sunday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12