+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think I'll wait until more weeds are pulled out before getting into this show.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    In defense of Zayra - (Did I really just type those words??? Kill me now...)

I have no idea how that performance came off on TV -- in fact, I imagine it probably did not translate well -- but Live it was a complete blast! My mouth was hanging open - as I think were most of the audience's - but you gotta hand it to her. She just went ALL OUT on that, and -damn!- it was FUN.
    Again, I have to say...I reallly liked her version of this song. I like her weird intonations and odd style. It's refreshing (to me).

However, I thought it was her ticket home when she decided to sing it again (only slightly harder than last night), knowing how the guys felt about it. I was actually really surprised that she didn't get sent home. It was Chris's best rendition so far. And Jill--while she's no Amy Lee--she did a fine job with her song.

Toby--nice voice. I don't think he's attractive at all, but I enjoy hearing his accent and he seems like a pleasant enough guy. Mate.

Phil--ugh, just seeing his little smug face in the background almost made my stomach reel. Don't know what it is but he just makes me kinda sick.

p.s. LAGUY, were you on TV tonight? I looked but couldn't find you...
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 07-12-2006 at 10:26 PM.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by NellieDee View Post
    But isn't there something that she could sing - especially when she has the chance to pick her own song...she could have really showcased herself.
    Don't worry...we'll see that next week

Im just signing in....who was voted off tonight?????

LAGUY, thanks for the live info. That helps figure out thier process a bit more. I actually did feel a bit bad for Chris tonight. And I have been rooting for him to go. It is a shame to go out when you finally redeem yourself.

Glad you got a chance to give him some positive feedback. Being told you suck on National TV has to be rough nomatter what.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fan
    I'm kind of disappointed that we need to sit through Zayra for another week. Count me in for the group that believes she's not serious about being a singer and is there to pursue other opportunities (modelling, etc) and was obviously only chosen for her looks. Really sucks that she was chosen at all.

The only thing I can think of is maybe they didn't want to send the message that if you talk back to the band you're gone and that would promote the kiss up responses from everyone from here on out.

I hope all the focus on the band comments and people take it so badly won't prevent them from making more comments along those lines. I thought the judges were better in week 2 than in week 1 when they basically liked everything.

MRD
    I thought Chris should have said when his name was called as the last in the bottom three:

"You honestly want me to sing following that trainwreck?"

I cannot BELIEVE they did not send Zayra home. I thought her repeating her song from last night was even dumber than Matt singing Duran Duran.

And she lied to the band because she said: "I have heard OF you", not "I have heard you" before.

I can't believe we have to sit through her another week.

I thought this was Chris' best performance.

At least Tommy wasn't wasted tonight.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CC2003 View Post
    I hope all the focus on the band comments and people take it so badly won't prevent them from making more comments along those lines. I thought the judges were better in week 2 than in week 1 when they basically liked everything.
    Me, too. I don't think we have any of that to worry about, though, because without those type of comments, it'd be a boring lovefest.

I also think what the judges and the contestants are saying is a crock of, um, doo doo most of the time. It's just all PC talk about trying to make you a better person and the contestant having to fake it that she's/he's taking it to heart. Does anyone really think that Lukas took what Jason told him seriously? I don't. He's been doing it for 15 years, like he said, and he knows (or thinks he knows) how to take care of his voice. He probably wanted to tell Jason to go F off. BUT, you can't do that on TV. So he nodded, and said he really appreciated the comments and respected the band. Whatever. I don't buy it when he says it, or any of the others. That's one reason why the singers are so defensive when they hear the "constructive criticism." They're basically being told that what they love doing isn't good enough and they probably don't even want to be in Supernova so much as they want it to be a stepping stone to what'll happen after they leave Supernova.

Anyhow, that's my cynical take on it.

I hope Zayra's on it for a few more episodes at least 'cause I want to hear her sing something else and see if it was a fluke that I liked her version of "You Really Got Me" or if I really like her weirdo take on some other songs. Also, I know that a lot of you think she's stupid. I wouldn't say I'd argue with you on that front. BUT, I also like that she slips up in her answers and says stuff you really shouldn't say. That makes it more fun for me than listening to Toby say all the right things--listen to the band, it'll be good for you. (I don't mean to trounce on Toby 'cause his performance was my favorite tonight.) Or listening to poor Chris promise to be better and follow their directions.

I really would love to see one of the contestants (Phil *cough*) just get fed up and say, "Thanks for the opportunity but you're not the right band for me." And then quit.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm View Post
    I can't believe I missed this episode. I get so confused about tracking the times and when the heck these things are on... can someone tell me who got the encore?
    Toby. He sang a KILLERS song.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm View Post
    Thanks, Lois!
    You're welcome!
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 07-12-2006 at 11:37 PM. Reason: So I'm not double posting

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I can't believe I missed this episode. I get so confused about tracking the times and when the heck these things are on... can someone tell me who got the encore?

LAGuy fancy seeing you here again! How have you been?! I love that you can give us the inside scoop on all the comings and goings of all things rockstar. You are amazing!

Call me crazy but Phil Ritchie is my personal favorite. I think that he's totally wrong for this type of band, but how you deny his talent? I love how hammy he is. Plus he seems really fun and cool. And I think he's a great performer-- very young and relevant to today's rock scene.

My other personal favorite is Josh. He's an incredible vocalist with a Gavin DeGraw sounding vibe. Another one who is totally not right for this band or rock in general. I bet he would have been great on idol!

Anyone else not getting Lukas? He looks kinda trolly to me and I do not dig his voice at all. He certainly appears to be a favorite this year. I guess we'll just wait and see. I'm dying to see what his face looks like without all that make-up.

The other top contenders: Dilana and Tobey are fabulous. I'd be happy with either one of them winning this year...

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post

Toby. He sang a KILLERS song.
    Thanks, Lois!

+ Reply to Thread