+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by NellieDee View Post
    Details please (if you have time!)
    When they say Jill's name, like she is the one to go, they pause and hold it for a bit. Then they tell her that she is safe, go sit down.

Dilana lets out what looks like a huge sigh of relief and buries her head in her hands.

I wonder how long these guys are together before the show starts. They seem aweful close for a few weeks.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I thought that as well watching them yesterday and on the reality show - some of them seem to have really bonded already - whereas others don't really seem to have bonded with anyone. Weird.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by paulvons View Post
    They must really get a kick out of Zayra in some strange way. Thanks
    What the heck, they're both doomed.

Going acoustic, and saying that was the real Chris, was almost as stupid as doing the same song again.

Might as well see Zayra in another trainwreck. Cheap comedy.

btw, this episode shows that they have made up their minds before they sit down. Chris totally improved like 200% from last nights show and Z was marginally better.

Z is a definate disadvantage. Her accent, accentuates the language differences and just plain sounds odd. Not a question of her being a good singer, but the song choices are going to suck for her.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

But isn't there something that she could sing - especially when she has the chance to pick her own song...she could have really showcased herself. I was thinking that she could have done a decent job of Ring of Fire - I've heard a spanish style version (back in 1995 in Holland) and it rocked!

Well I suppose both Chris and Zayra would ultimately go, but agree that Chris's performance improved. Think the SN guys just want to see Zayra prance around on the stage again....she is just bizarre!! And her responses to their questions make no sense whatsoever...

At least I could see Toby again tonight as a highlight...

FORT Regular
    Jill-- ROCKED. Really good.

Zayra-- she's either got boobs of steel, or she's dumb as a box of rocks. Still haven't seen the end yet, so I don't know which it is.

Chris-- OMG. I love that song, stop butchering it. Fake emotions, awful voice, terrible. Go home. NOW.

On elimination night yes, she could pick something. But during the main show, you are stuck with the songs offered and many times don't get your first choice of those.

But in all honesty, she probably isn't at that much of a disadvantage when you consider in all liklyhood, only a few of these people have even a remote shot of making this band. They don't even know what they want. They arn't starting a Heavy Metal, but at worst they want to be a hard rock band and I am not seeing a lot of hard rock voices in this crowd.

Very true! I mentioned in another feed that I think Toby could have had a good shot at beating JD last season - he's got a great voice for an INXS style band and he would have had the 'Aussie card" in his back pocket.

In defense of Zayra - (Did I really just type those words??? Kill me now...)

I have no idea how that performance came off on TV -- in fact, I imagine it probably did not translate well -- but Live it was a complete blast! My mouth was hanging open - as I think were most of the audience's - but you gotta hand it to her. She just went ALL OUT on that, and -damn!- it was FUN.

Dave and SN totally dug it. Dave was bouncing up & down in his chair, and at one point turned to Gilby and said, "WOW!"

Is she right for this Band? Hell, no. I have to wonder whether she's right for any band.

I have a feeling it was OUT THERE enough to save her. Which is too bad, cause I really thought Chris did an excellent job - the best he's been on the show so far. If he had done this last week, he may not have hit the Bottom 3 again this week. (Jill had saved her ass from the get-go and was never seriously in danger after that.)

I ran into Chris as I was leaving the show and stopped for a moment to shake his hand and tell him what a good job he had done today. Small consolation, I know - but he seemed to really appreciate hearing something so simple and straightforward.

+ Reply to Thread