+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    You are so right about Josh being a Gavin DeGraw kind of feel...he has that bluesy type rather than rocker......tho I have to disagree with the fact that he would be good on Idol...
    Really? He reminds me of Elliott a little bit.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    I was really hoping it would be Zayra going home, whittle down some of the women. Not that I think the men are any better than the women, there just seems to be a lot of them on this season.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Jill totally redeemed herself with her saving performance of Evanescence. Jill truly rocked last night, it was excellent. Zayra was just as bad as the night before. Chris had his best performance on this week's elim show. Even though I think Chris is not a top contender, based on last night's performance, Zayra deserved to go....for her song choice, vocals and look. I really don't get her at all and her attitude just rubs me the wrong way. The way she tried to dig herself out of the hole she dug herself the night before was just pathetic. Mind you she makes for entertaining TV which is why I think SN kept her around for another week.

Zayra should have been gone. She sucked really badly, and then she has the nerve to sing the SAME song that put her in the bottom 3 the night before, that the judges didn't like? How stupid!

If Toby doesn't win this thing outright, it'll be a travesty. He's BY FAR the most talented of the contestants, no one else even comes close.

Yeah, no one comes close to Toby in terms of the whole package.

I wonder if producer intereference has already begun with repsect to Zayra. It seems as though last season there were a couple of times when it came into play. Maybe TPTB wanted to keep her around for the pure "laughing at you, not with you" entertainment value.

Of course, with Tommy Lee listed as an executive producer, the point may really be that Tommy really is not much more than a dolt.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Fan
    If Zayra hangs around much longer I'm affraid she may become this show's version of William Hung but with an attitude problem.

Also, I have a problem with Tommy Lee's contribution to this show. He makes the least interesting comments to the singers and then the other night when one of the other guys is commenting to Lukas about his singing and his throat, Tommy leans over and tells him to shut up. As far as I'm concerned, the less we hear from Tommy Lee from now on the better. Thanks

JR.
    The only explanation I can see for Chris going now is that he just doesn't look comfortable while performing. He looked like a C-list actor playing a part in a made for TV movie.

There is such a big gap between the people that actually have a chance at winning and the ones that don't that I don't think it matters who goes now.

I can't believe that they didn't send Zayra home. When she said that she was going to sing "You Really Got Me" again, they should have told her not to bother and sent her home then. Obviously it didn't work the first time - the viewing public didn't like it and Supernova thought that she demonstrated complete ignorance of what they were looking for. Performing it again shows a stubborn arrogance that should only be rewarded by a boot to her rear as she is sent home. I would rather listen to a 3 hour recording of pigs being slaughtered than listen to talk again and I would rather slaughter the pigs myself than watch her perform again.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

All right - I'm beginning to see Toby as a front man. I think I didn't care much for his song the first week because I couldn't hear the melody. I knew they would choose him for the encore and am glad they did. I also think they let Zayra slide because they gave her props for improving (slightly) over the previous night's rendition. Chris is pop and wouldn't make it much farther anyway...best to go now. I'm glad Jill toned it down and showed her non-screaming side. It's only week 2 but I think the three front-runners (at the moment) are Toby, Dilana and Lukas. I wonder, though, does a woman really stand a chance with this band?

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Chris is poop and wouldn't make it much farther anyway...
    Fixed that for you

I wonder, though, does a woman really stand a chance with this band?
    I definitely think so. First off, I think this is more of a "project" than an actual touring band. And, a few of these women have real talent, and I think the band can see that.

+ Reply to Thread