+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm View Post
    My other personal favorite is Josh. He's an incredible vocalist with a Gavin DeGraw sounding vibe. Another one who is totally not right for this band or rock in general. I bet he would have been great on idol!
    You are so right about Josh being a Gavin DeGraw kind of feel...he has that bluesy type rather than rocker......tho I have to disagree with the fact that he would be good on Idol...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I followed the thread while the "Eastern" version was being televised - I was at work so didn't get to watch but then picked up the "Pacific" version when I got home. Having read through the spoilers I had an idea of what was coming but I really enjoyed the episode.

I loved the intro to the encore and I absolutely loved how Toby's confidence showed through - as soon as Tommy (I'm pretty sure it was Tommy) said "the girls love him" he was already taking off his jacket. Some might say that was arrogance but I thought it was great - a little 'psychological' dig at the other guys too - he knew it was him that they were talking about.

Jill did do a great job of the song but I don't expect that she will last more than another couple of weeks, then again, there aren't that many really strong players so who knows who the voters will stick in the bottom three.
    I'm not sure who posted it earlier but I could really see the whole "psychotic ex girlfriend' vibe coming off of Zayra - she did not like Jill's performance at all. If we start hearing that each week one of the better performers is not feeling well or has 'food poisoning' Zayra's room would be the first place I'd check for arsenic!

I do have to admit though that her performance was much stronger tonight than it was yesterday. She improved it and I guess that is maybe what the guys liked? I also agree that they may not want to look 'bad' by canning the first person that talks back to them.

Chris on the other maybe did get canned, in part, due to his 'humility' as they called it. I think they're looking for someone that can hold their own with the band and not only be able to take it like Chris did but give it right back like Zayra did (not that I think she stands a snowball's chance in hell of winning this!).

Speaking of hell...Dilana looked better tonight - someone had posted that she looks very old and last night she did - really old - but tonight she looked okay. I'm wondering if maybe she doesn't sleep real well the night before a performance or something? Who knows...she kinda scares me though...her look isn't full blown goth or anything but it's bizarre - kind of like what you'd expect Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne's children to look like (vs. Jack and Kelly???)

And I've said it before but I'll say it again - I really really miss the banter between Brooke and Dave - it sucks that it's gone this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    p.s. LAGUY, were you on TV tonight? I looked but couldn't find you...
    Yes. The best time to spot me is during the Q&A, when Jason is talking to Lukas. When Jason says, "This is not an animosity contest", I'm right next to the CBS eye logo in the bottom right corner of your screen; then again in the same place a few seconds later, clapping. I'm the guy with the brown hair & goatee.

Didnt like their decision again this week.
    Zayra's personality just rubs me the wrong way.
    She tried way too hard to be cute at the end.
    Im kind of liking Jill now.

I think Zayra should have gone home. She can sing, but the fact she re-sang the song that got her in the bottom 3 in the first place and told the judges that, you know, they do do some electronic stuff, was a little much for my taste. She needs to do her own thing. I don't think she's a good fit at all.

I really liked how Jill came out and showed her incredible voice. Definitely proved she still belongs in the running.

Too bad that Chris was let go. He at least listened, showed another side which I thought was a better reaction that Zayras. He wouldn't have lasted to the end but I think he would have appreciated the opportunity and learning more than Zyra ever will. They gave him props and then canned him
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Newbie
    I thought generally the show itself was OK tonight. DEFINETLY some bad notes but otherwise, it Rocked!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Are they keeping Zayra around a little longer so they can have more laughs at her expense or something? Surely there can be no other legitimate reason. This gal comes across as bossy and completely full of herself, and is only marginally talented to boot.

I don't think they are laughing with her, but rather, they are laughing at her. She's just to oblivious to realize it.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I think Zayra should have gone home. She can sing, but the fact she re-sang the song that got her in the bottom 3 in the first place and told the judges that, you know, they do do some electronic stuff, was a little much for my taste. She needs to do her own thing. I don't think she's a good fit at all.
    I'm with you misskitty. Zayra is definitely not a good fit for this band... but I do think that the band knows that and that she will be going home soon.
    I think Dilana is an AWESOME performer and that she will be around this competition for a long time - probably final 3, but I'm not sure that she will win, just because she is so scary. (She looks like she would bite off a bat's head in concert). I'm not sure that she is the look or sound that this band wants/needs.
    Right now, my money is on Toby. The band has loved his performances, the audience loves him, and he seems to be generally a classy guy. He looks fairly normal, but with a definite rock edge.
    And one more thing... when are these contestants going to wise up? Many of them said things back at the mansion that they should not have said when the cameras are rolling. They are not going to impress Supernova if they keep whining like that!
    Last edited by jmb; 07-13-2006 at 07:08 AM.

I think it must be hard to find a new singer for a band that hasnt done anything yet. If I were one of the contestants that would be one of my comebacks.

I cringe everytime Navarro says the word "baby"

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Are they keeping Zayra around a little longer so they can have more laughs at her expense or something? Surely there can be no other legitimate reason. This gal comes across as bossy and completely full of herself, and is only marginally talented to boot.

I don't think they are laughing with her, but rather, they are laughing at her. She's just to oblivious to realize it.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. She's "good TV." She'll probably be in the Bottom 3 every week (or close to it), so the band knows they could send her home at any time. I think they figured they could keep the trainwreck (which will keep viewers who like to view trainwrecks tuning in) at the expense of someone who was a better performer but still had no chance to win the competition. Chris' performance last night, IMO, was the best he had but I think everyone here knew that he had no chance of winning the competition.

I was really happy that Jill did so well. I have seen Evanescence live and I think Jill's rendition was better than Amy Lee's. I love Amy's voice on record, but she loses it a bit live. Jill was spot on from the first note to the last. I just wish she could have done the entire song.

Adam

+ Reply to Thread