+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 7/12/06 *TEASERS*

Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 7/12/06 *TEASERS*

Just like last week, I'm not going to post outright SPOILERS as to who sang what and who went home. But you still shouldn't read this thread if you don't want to know any little thing about tonight's show. It's going to be a good one!

First off, the recap of the Live Show highlighted 3 performances: Magni, Dilana, and Toby. Then we got the “controversial” performances and comments: Jill, Zayra, Chris, and Lukas (because of Jason’s “constricted vocals” comment). Back at the Mansion, they focused in on those Rockers, who seemed to have plenty to say about what had been said to them by either Dave or SN. But in the Q&A that followed, when asked to elaborate on their comments, they all pretty much backed-down and kissed-up. Zayra even went so far as to say that, though she didn’t have any of their albums, she did have their 45’s!

Encore time! If you read my original report, you know that I’d be happy if the encore went to any of my Top 3 (Dilana, Toby, or Lukas). So, am I happy? Yes. But I also said that I thought that Toby had the edge. So, was I right? Tune in tonight to find out.

On to the Bottom 3:

Once again, Brooke announced the Early Voting Results Bottom 3: Jill, Zayra, and Chris. And, unlike last week, only one other Rocker hit the Bottom 3 in the course of voting. I think that some people will be surprised at who it was.

Anyway, the B3 songs were:

Bring Me to Life, Evanescence
    You Really Got Me, The Kinks
    If You Could Only See, Tonic

If you think, based on those song choices, that you can guess who sang what, you will almost certainly be wrong!

And what a thrill it was to see these 3 performances! This is the way it is supposed to work. The Bottom 3 really did perform to save their asses. I don't know how it'll translate to TV, but the audience - and Supernova - seemed to love every one of them (although for very different reasons).

Supernova then retired to deliberate for about 20 minutes. When they returned, one of the Rockers was told that “You’re the second one to go.” (That must be the catchphrase this season: “You’re the [fill in the number] one to go.”)

Though the end result will not come as as big a surprise as last week’s did, I honestly don’t think the decision was all that cut-&-dried. Last week, it was difficult to decide which two deserved to stay (as there were issues with all 3). This week, because everyone pretty much did what they needed to do, I think it was a much closer call.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    LAGuy, thanks again for sharing!

just when you escape... raisingrrrl's Avatar
    ACK! I WANT TO KNOW!!!! *bashes head on computer desk... won't be home to watch it*

LAGuy.... the supreme tease!

It sounds like it's going to be a great show. At least the suckiest of the sucky brought it today, eh?

Zayra even went so far as to say that, though she didn’t have any of their albums, she did have their 45’s!
    Liar! (not you, LAGuy... her...)

I don't even have to explain this one do I?

My guess is that someone OTHER than the weird chick sang "You Really Got Me", just to illustrate what a mess she was and how much better they were than her.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    It sounds like it's going to be a great show. At least the suckiest of the sucky brought it today, eh?
    Yes they did. Now don't get me wrong: They didn't suddenly become my favorites -- and I won't be rushing out to buy their 45's -- but they all managed to deliver their Personal Best performances, along with a whole lot of entertainment.

Okay... can I guess and you can tell me if I got it wrong:

Zayra - If You Could Only See
    Chris - You Really Got Me
    Jill - Bring Me To Life

Quote Originally Posted by raisingrrrl View Post

Jill - Bring Me To Life
    WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingrrrl View Post

Jill - Bring Me To Life
    I don't see LAGuy spilling this, but I'd flip this around almost completely.

Zayra - Bring Me To Life
    PHIL - If You Could Only See (this means that Chris escapes the B3)
    Jill - You Really Got Me

Seems to me there could be some discussion of how Jill and Zayra originally had each other's songs, and Jill could perhaps be dared by Supernova to sing her original. Or she could do it simply on her own for the reasons I pointed out before--to show Zayra up.

As for Zayra, it makes perfect sense she'd try "Bring Me To Life". Mind you, this lady needs defibrilator paddles at 300 joules to bring her to life.

Phil is less likely to care what either of the women think and just do his own thing, and that would be to try his song again and do it better (nobody said they couldn't...) Remember the whole "I'd like to see you crush it" comment? That would be his motive.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-12-2006 at 05:34 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    As for Zayra, it makes perfect sense she'd try "Bring Me To Life".
    If she's stoopid enough to do that, then she deserves to go home. It was what I had originally thought, but she performed it last week. So, it made sense to me that she wouldn't do it again. Then, that left me with Jill to do Bring Me to Life... and it really doesn't matter to me whether its Phil or Chris who sings You Really Got Me.

And.... I did say to LAGuy to tell me if I was WRONG... so, if he doesn't respond.... *twiddles thumbs*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast