+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 7/12/06 *TEASERS*

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    For anyone at the live show, did SN question Zayra about singing the same song both nights? Especially since it sucked both times. I thought I heard one the boys tell her to be better prepared next time and I wondered if that was in relation to singing the same song.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn View Post
    For anyone at the live show, did SN question Zayra about singing the same song both nights? Especially since it sucked both times. I thought I heard one the boys tell her to be better prepared next time and I wondered if that was in relation to singing the same song.
    I think that Supernova, like the audience, were surprised -- you can hear us gasp on the broadcast -- and Gilby (I think) asked her why she chose to do it again. It was not a hostile query, however; more like he was just curious.

Her answer was a little longer than what you saw on tv, but you got the gist of it. She said she really loved the song and the arrangement, and that it reflected aspects of herself and the kind of music she liked making. Her explanation seemed to satisfy SN. And, for what it's worth, I believed her. After all, only a few days earlier, as shown in the online Reality Episode, she didn't even know You Really Got Me. So it wasn't like she was falling back on a tried-&-true number from her repertoire.

It is my understanding that all the Rockers have provided TPTB with titles of potential "Elimination Songs", so that clearances could be arranged, the House Band could be rehearsed, etc., etc. Maybe none of Zayra's other song choices were cleared yet -- or maybe she really did just prefer to sing YRGM again. (She also sang a longer version of the song this second time, which I think also worked to her benefit.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123