+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rockstar: Supernova 7/11 Recap - Show Me Some Boat!

Thanks for the quick and entertaining recap totoro - just noticed it was here. I had higher expectations after hearing about last week's show that I didn't catch. Here's hoping it doesn't keep going downhill!

Quote Originally Posted by CC2003 View Post
    I've seen a lot of people say the same thing everytime some does a Creed song. Just wondering, why does everyone seem to hate Creed so much?

Is it because of the Christian element? I'm definitely not Christian, but other than that fact, I don't think they're very much different than a ton of other bands that popped up on the heels of the 90s grunge movement, sort of the Eddie Vedder copy-cat-deep-voiced-singer of a band that tries to be very serious.

I don't really consider Creed much different than bands like Bush and Stone Temple Pilots but people don't rag on them everytime their name is mentioned. Just wondering why?
    I can only speak for myself, but I also cannot stand that song "With Arms Wide Open." I thought some of Creed's earlier songs were kind of interesting. For me it's not the Christian element, but Scott Stapp in particular just seemed very self-important and was taking himself far too seriously with Creed's more recent songs. I also remembering hearing a very funny Dave Grohl cover/spoof of this song, so that has probably also played a part in me not taking this particular song seriously!
    Last edited by especialk; 07-12-2006 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by totoro View Post
    (Except…what was up with that girl in the front row that looked liked she smelled something really stinky? Every time she was on camera, I felt like I might turn to stone from her death glare!)

I think she/he was a transvestite! Seriously! ("Not that there's anything wrong with that", as my friend would say!)

Next up is the perplexing Latin beauty that is Zayra. I can’t put my finger on exactly who she reminds of, but when I look at her there is a constant exclamation mark running through my brain.
    she kinda looks/reminds me of the bad chick from The Mummy 2...

Well, I think it's time to pull this out:

Superb, as always! Very insightful and hilariously funny.

Quote Originally Posted by tots
    On this episode of Rock Star: Supernova, we had three categories of performances. Good impersonations, really bad impersonations, and…Lukas.

Before you hit ‘reply’ and start telling me just how wrong I am, let remind you that in real life I am a tattooed, purple-haired, lip-pierced, bitch-slappin’ bad-ass.

With my highly trained ear (read: my musician husband who sits beside on me on the sofa providing critique)

Again, the exclamation mark is running through my head, until my husband suggests that it looks like Chris’ mouth is upside down. Is that what it is?!

A large storm blows through, depositing Storm Large onstage to perform “Surrender” by Cheap Trick.

Dave’s on a roll tonight. Where’s the lech that we all know and love?

He’s going to give the old college try with “Jumping Jack Flash” by the Stones. And when I say college… I mean it.

Do I even remember how her performance was? Not really. I just feel like I was violated.

Except…what was up with that girl in the front row that looked liked she smelled something really stinky? Every time she was on camera, I felt like I might turn to stone from her death glare!

Did you fall for my scary, threatening act? STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME at totoro@fansofrealitytv.com Toodles!

Before you hit ‘reply’ and start telling me just how wrong I am, let remind you that in real life I am a tattooed, purple-haired, lip-pierced, bitch-slappin’ bad-ass.

Next up is Jenny. Not to extend Amber Frey’s fifteen minutes, but home girl is a dead ringer. Ooh; bad choice of words?

Jill spent too much effort jumping, rolling and writhing to focus on what was coming out of her mouth. She truly sounded like crap.

I’m distracted by thoughts of her spending late nights crushing beer cans on her forehead, and um, partaking in human sacrifices.

Nothing really great or horrible about his singing, but I got a little seasick watching his bouncy head.
    Excellent job, totoro

Fantastic job, Totoro!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12