+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Song Recommendations

FORT Regular
    Zayra is safe until it gets really tight. Tommy likes looking at her, correction lusting at her.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Not just Tommy. Doesn't Jason have a thing for her too?
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Three of my favorite bands The Smiths, The Cure and Depeche Mode. The latter two still exists not one of their songs have ever been featured on both RS 1 or 2. These bands are known to many as gothic bands of which Dana has no clue of. There was even a tribute album done by various artists for the Cure and DM, not sure about the Smiths since I'm not sure anyone else can sing Morrissey's songs without being bad at it although "How Soon is Now", the darkest of their songs, would be a good choice. I guess they are more pop than rock? They do have dark and edgy songs especially Depeche Mode like "Never Let Me Down Again", "Strangelove", "Walking in My Shoes", "Useless", "I Feel You", "Barrel of A Gun". Come to think of it, I can only think of "Never Enough" and "Wrong Number" from the Cure.
    Last edited by JonasGrumby; 07-27-2006 at 07:23 PM.

FORT Regular
    I don't think the Cure or Depeche Mode would be hard enough, but I'd like to hear "The Forest", with Newsted thumping the opening bassline

FORT Newbie
    I dying to hear someone try a Silverchair song. Pure Massacre would be awesome.

I won't hold my breath tho.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn View Post
    Not just Tommy. Doesn't Jason have a thing for her too?
    I think Zayra got saved by a 2-1 vote, the opposing vote coming from Gilby, who hated her right from day 1. Patrice probably got a 3-0 vote, and Phil had a 1-2 vote - Jason couldn't stand his bobblehead and Tommy prefered spandex girl over ugly dude. BTW, do they vote in their deliberation (they say it's an unianimous decision, but it doesn't seem like it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Panicfc View Post
    I don't think the Cure or Depeche Mode would be hard enough, but I'd like to hear "The Forest", with Newsted thumping the opening bassline
    eh? And you think Sublime and Cindy Lauper are harder than the Cure or DM? In fact, the Killers' "Jenny was a Friend of Mine" was more a Cure song than theirs.

Apparently, the producers contaminate the song selections with one pop song. And see if the a contestant can rock it up. This time they put a reggae pop by Sublime which Josh obviously picks. What's next, Baby Hit Me One More Time?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasGrumby View Post
    eh? And you think Sublime and Cindy Lauper are harder than the Cure or DM? In fact, the Killers' "Jenny was a Friend of Mine" was more a Cure song than theirs.

Apparently, the producers contaminate the song selections with one pop song. And see if the a contestant can rock it up. This time they put a reggae pop by Sublime which Josh obviously picks. What's next, Baby Hit Me One More Time?

You got that right. "Love song" "People are People" .... "New York, New York".... everything is fair game.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    What's next, Baby Hit Me One More Time?

Well if we're picking Mrs. K-Fed songs I'd rather hear Opps, I Did It Again cause you know Zayra would be all over that red skin suit.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    What's next, Baby Hit Me One More Time?
    Actually, I've heard Dilana do a version of that on a myspace site and it totally rocks!
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

+ Reply to Thread