+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Song Recommendations

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Not to break up your discussion but I have some more song recommendations, although some might be controversial as well.

Tourniquet by Evanescence
    Living Dead Girl by Rob Zombie
    Voodoo by Godsmack
    Spaceman by Bif Naked
    I Love Myself Today by Bif Naked
    Fat Lip by Sum 41
    What We're All About by Sum 41
    Little Sister by Queens of the Stone Age
    Only by Nine Inch Nails
    Sick and Tired by Default
    Deny by Default
    Stupid Girl by Garbage
    Only Happy When It Rains by Garbage
    Spoonman by Soundgarden
    Basket Case by Green Day
    Hitching a Ride by Green Day
    Bullet with Butterfly Wings by Smashing Pumpkins

Now that I think about it, I only want Dilana or Lukas to sing these songs. Someone like Zayra or Phil would butcher them.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    I thought about some more songs that I would love to hear on Rock Star. Every week it seems someone does a Nirvana song and someone else does a Rolling Stones song, can't the producers choose some new things for them to try out. I mean I love Nirvana and the Stones but we need something fresh for them to sing. Anyways here are some more of my recommendations.

The Other Side by Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Machinehead by Bush
    Finish What Ya Started by Van Halen
    Photograph by Def Leppard
    Back in Black by AC/DC
    All My Life by Foo Fighters
    Cum on Feel the Noize by Quiet Riot
    Slither by Velvet Revolver
    Fire Woman by The Cult
    Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith
    Blue Orchid by The White Stripes
    The Hardest Button to Button by The White Stripes
    Juicebox by The Strokes
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

second the

Deny by Default

it totally rocks, and i can see someone like Josh or Phil rock it out!!
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

FORT Fan
    I'd like to see someone try a Def Leppard song. Assuming the singer did a decent job with it, I'd be curious to see if it got the REM response or the Bon Jovi/Duran Duran response from the guys. Thanks

After hearing both "Plush" & "Vaseline" by Stone Temple Pilots, I think we really need to hear someone "crush it" with "Wicked Garden"

Also

Cumbersome - Seven Mary Three
    Alive - Pearl Jam

Anything by Soundgarden (Chris Cornell - yum!)

AFI's The Leaving Song Pt 2
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

I want to replace Gilby!! Thread Killer's Avatar
    How does the song selection process work? Do the singers have a list of 20 or so to choose from? Does Supernova choose the songs to put on the list?

BTW: I am surprised that they couldn’t come up with more singers who actually have a chance at winning this thing. Maybe 5 out of the 15 have a shot.

I would bet that Burnett's company handles the song selection process. They most likely went out and got the approvals and licenses to do the songs they have.

This year it looks like they still have most of last years songs, plus some new ones. Perhaps since the elimination show didn't have a catalog like INXS they either got the singers to list some of the artists/songs they liked and tried to get the rights or more likely, gave the singers a list of songs they could pick from for elimination shows. And I will bet that most songs used for elimination shows will show up during the regular show as songs they have to do.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fan
    BTW: I am surprised that they couldn’t come up with more singers who actually have a chance at winning this thing. Maybe 5 out of the 15 have a shot.
    Me too. But I think there is an important fact that explains it that people forget about the timeline.

When they were holding auditions for this, the contestants didn't know what they were competing for. There was no Supernova. There were rumors of Van Halen, but it was just billed as "compete to be a singer of a rock band" -- but they didn't know what they were competing for.

That's kind of a huge factor. I doubt some of these people would have even went out for it if they knew it was going to be a Tommy Lee band.

I want to replace Gilby!! Thread Killer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CC2003 View Post
    Me too. But I think there is an important fact that explains it that people forget about the timeline.

When they were holding auditions for this, the contestants didn't know what they were competing for. There was no Supernova. There were rumors of Van Halen, but it was just billed as "compete to be a singer of a rock band" -- but they didn't know what they were competing for.

That's kind of a huge factor. I doubt some of these people would have even went out for it if they knew it was going to be a Tommy Lee band.
    So are you saying that the top 15 were selected before Supernova existed? That Tommy, Jason, and Gilby had no say in who the finalists were?

This whole setup is very strange. But it is still entertaining to me, and I will watch it until the end. Guess that is the whole point, right?

+ Reply to Thread