+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Song Recommendations

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    "Stripped down" kind of means "not rocked", I think. This really depends on what we are looking for. I'm trying to find songs that could actually "be crushed", since that seems to be important to this band. If there is a human being on the face of the planet who could crush "Yesterday" or "Octopus' Garden" I'd like to meet them. Using "Get Back" again as an example, you don't have to strip that song down. You can build on it and add more and louder music behind it.

Could "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" be rocked out? Parts of it, maybe. But I'm a bit skeptical. A good part of the song is too mellow.
    They aren't going to be much of a funk band, but I'd love to hear a Red Hot Chili Pepperish "Maxwell's Silver Hammer."
    BTW, look at most of Gilby's favorite bands on the Rockstar site. He's into Bowie, the Stones, etc. Early 70's classic rock seems to be his thing. A lot of late Beatles/early Lennon solo stuff would work here.

I just had a strange vision of Ryan singing "Live and Let Die" while singing the piano. At the end, he pours a bucket of paint on his head.

FORT Regular
    I would love to hear Magni take on Pearl Jam's Black.

For Storm, from the 'Pulp Fiction' Soundtrack, "If Love Is A Red Dress (Hang Me In Rags)" by Maria McKee. I know it's a slower song and she needs to rock out for the next few weeks, but at some point, to showcase her voice, I would LOVE to hear her do this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112