+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: 7/11 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by spinozasright View Post
    So my question is: When does Supernova get on stage and show what it is they've got? I mean Guns and Roses were not remotely the same kind of music as Motley Crue... How do these guys sound together?

Shouldn't they show the singers that they're worth trying out for? Or is that doubt a reason why the pool of singers this year is soooo much less interesting/good than last year? I mean, it's a dramatic shift in the level of performers...

I agree with the comments that Tommy Lee is an embarassment and looked high last night. Tommy, Tommy; you're 40 something years-old, and were huge at one point; lose the teen-speak and body language.
    We've seen (and heard) them in the studio already, although admittedly that was "on the Internet" and not "on TV". But if you want to see them play together, it's there for you if you want it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Apparently I'm the only one (well, me and Mr. Rattus) who finds Tommy entertaining. I mean, certainly he's a jackass, but his telling Newsted to shut up had me rolling, as did "Born to be Mild". Admittedly, though, I've been of the long-standing opinion that Newsted is a pompous, humourless jerk. Again, admittedly though, he was making some valid points. Oh well, he can pompous away and I get my glee from Tommy, my pleasure from Dilana and Toby, and my boredom from pretty much everyone else.
    I pretty much agree! Even Dave Navarro seems bland this year - not as much "flirty flirty" with Brooke as last season...although I read (in one of those completely useless 'trash' mags) that he and Carmen were having 'issues' so maybe he's being on his best behaviour? (sp - you can tell I'm Canadian! : )

By the way - which night do they tape the show?

Whether you like his name or not, I'm watching Toby's performance from last night on the net right now and I have to say that I think if he had been on last year's show he would have beat JD. I'm not saying that he'll win this year but I think he would have fit with INXS amazingly well and he could have played the "Aussie" card as well. Dang! The boy is hot!!

First time I saw everyone perform and I am underwhelmed as a whole (sounds like last week was a whole lot better).

That said I really like Toby (I can actually make out the words he sings!) and Patrice (as someone else mentioned, she reminds me a bit of Suzie MacNeil - who I LOVED!!), but think too many of the others are rather uninspiring to watch. Then again, last season, some of the performers did improve as the season progressed, so I'll remain optimistic and tuned in! While Tommy is a total clown and has few constructive remarks, I also find him entertaining!

FORT Fan
    You can't just use a song. You have to get "permission" to use a song, "then" pay royalties on it. Many artists will not give permission to have thier songs used by tv singer wannabe shows. It devalues their brand in some cases, or so they think.
    Good point, AsIs. I think that's the exact reason why we haven't heard any Pearl Jam songs. I was actually surprised last season when they started to do Nirvana songs, since they always (pretended?) to be against any commercialization of their music, but I suppose it might be different if Kurt Cobain was alive.

Does Courtney have any rights to the Nirvana songs? She might be working a 'two - for" deal where they can use a Nirvana song but they also have to highlight one of hers...

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Courtney sent Jill the outfit and flowers...it got people talking about her for a couple of day!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    We've seen (and heard) them in the studio already, although admittedly that was "on the Internet" and not "on TV". But if you want to see them play together, it's there for you if you want it.
    I'd like to see that as I don't have a good idea of their sound or what they are shooting for either. Is it on the MSN site? Although I've had little success watching the videos and reality episodes (it is constantly stopping and reloading or something...very aggravating).

Also, are any of these Supernova guys songwriters? Or will they look to their new vocalist to do this?

+ Reply to Thread