+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappointing Canadians

just when you escape... raisingrrrl's Avatar

Disappointing Canadians

Okay....

Last time we had 3 Canadians who ROCKED MY WORLD....

Tara - No matter what you may think, I loved her performance of Paranoid and I thought she was stunning.

Suzy - My favorite last season, even INXS stated that she was by far the most vocally talented in the final four.

JD - yum.

And this time, we have...

Lukas - I don't get it. Sorry, I don't... doesn't really fit me.

Jenny - I thought she was brutal with her last performance - she was terribly flat and made me cringe.

Being a Canadian, I feel almost ashamed - we have some AMAZING rock talent in this country and it showed the first time around. Now, after all of the Canadians, we are left with these 2?

I am not impressed.... your views?

Lukas is pretty good. He's just an idiot.

Jenny is just boring. Not the worst there, but bland bland and a bit more bland.

Suzy last year kicked butt. She was far better than JD. Tara I had no real opinion of.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Being a Canadian, I feel almost ashamed - we have some AMAZING rock talent in this country and it showed the first time around. Now, after all of the Canadians, we are left with these 2?
    I guess you haven't watched Canadian Idol. Truly cringeworthy. I'll take Lukas and Jenny, thank you. Last year's Canadian contestants in Rock Star INXS were fab indeed.

If I remember correctly, last year contenstants were better on a whole than this year's.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    If I remember correctly, last year contenstants were better on a whole than this year's.
    I'm still on the fence. I thought the artists last year were sucky the first few weeks until the filler were booted out. Same with this year although I think song selection, not talent, will be the kiss of death for quite a few.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I am in the "I don't get the Lukas love" because well I just don't. I still think Suzy should have won last year, but a woman never had a chance to front OBINXS. JD just fit the bill.

It's only the second week; and, as of right now, you've seen the new batch of Rockers perform one song! At this point last season, Tara had done Middle of the Road (pretty good), Suzie had botched Remedy, and JD had spazzed out on American Woman. Both Suzie & JD were nearly eliminated for their performances.

On the second show: Tara made a bad song choice with the Eagles' Take It Easy, and Suzie did a decent (though hardly stellar) version of Call Me. Of the 3, JD gained the most with his terrific performance of California Dreamin' (which garnered the first encore of the season).

I just think it's too soon to make any definitive statements about this season's cast vs. last. Personally, I think this season's group is just as talented, if not more so, than last season's. Of the 2 Canadians: Jenny does nothing for me, but I really do like Lukas and think he is uniquely talented. But my opinions of either one could still shift in the weeks ahead. Last season, I didn't start liking Suzie until almost the mid-way point. Her early performances (which included Roxanne, Superstition, and Get Back) did nothing to grab me.

P.S. You left Deanna off of your list of Canadians. Since RS:INXS, I've seen her perform a couple times in small gigs and she is outstanding.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    It's only the second week; and, as of right now, you've seen the new batch of Rockers perform one song!

I just think it's too soon to make any definitive statements about this season's cast vs. last. Personally, I think this season's group is just as talented, if not more so, than last season's.

But my opinions of either one could still shift in the weeks ahead.
    continuing the thread drift

I agree. And, I think this group blows away last years group, my opinion slightly biased because of my hard rock preference.

Jordis was good, but made some awkward renditions of songs. Ty was way too theatrical. MiG was too theatrical and feminine. Suzie wasn't consistent at all. JD butchered a lot of songs.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingrrrl View Post

I am not impressed.... your views?
    I'm the biggest flag waver you'll ever encounter, but why does it matter?

This is an individual competition with international contestants. They are there to win a spot in a band, not to win some sort of award for Canada.

I don't know why anyone would feel ashamed of them.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

just when you escape... raisingrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    You left Deanna off of your list of Canadians. Since RS:INXS, I've seen her perform a couple times in small gigs and she is outstanding.
    I knew I missing one! DANG IT! Thanks!

Deanna - she was a really powerful kick-butt woman!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast