+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 7/06 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

That's it for me for this show, don't be dissin' Duran Duran!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Apriltx View Post
    What was he thinking!!!!!?????????!!!!! Duran Duran? Next thing you know he is going to be singing Judy Garland!
    That's a bit unfair since they had a friggin' Coldplay song as part of the original song choices.

Unless that was a trap - that whoever chose Coldplay would automatically be tagged for bad song choice.

I actually thought Matt rocked that Duran Duran song.

What. Ever. Matt could've stuck it out another week. I think he has more potential than Phil or Chris. And I thought his Duran Duran was pretty good, considering.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin View Post
    That's a bit unfair since they had a friggin' Coldplay song as part of the original song choices.

Unless that was a trap - that whoever chose Coldplay would automatically be tagged for bad song choice.

I actually thought Matt rocked that Duran Duran song.
    Totally agreed on all points. I really feel like what happened here was they just made an example of him. They've been saying 'song choice, song choice, song choice' over and over again, and they didn't like Matt's song choice here. Even though he kicked major ass with the arrangement and the end result sounded better than the majority of the nonsense the band offered as song choices yesterday. So they made an example of him to drive the point home to everyone else.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Apriltx View Post
    Sorry, but Matt deserves to go. C'mon Duran Duran???? I thought Chris redeemed himself with LA Woman!
    And Marty sang a Britney Spears song last year.

The origin of the song isn't as important as how you actually sing it.

I thought Matt got a raw deal. Chris may have saved himself but Phil was unimpressive with his performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I must have been the only one to hate Luka's performance last night.
    No, you're not. I couldn't stand him and am still wondering what they were smoking when they praised him. Lukas is an ass and I really hope I read on to find that he is gone tonight.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin View Post
    And Marty sang a Britney Spears song last year.

The origin of the song isn't as important as how you actually sing it.

I thought Matt got a raw deal. Chris may have saved himself but Phil was unimpressive with his performance.

I totally agree about Phil.....lackluster at best!

Marty changed the Britney Spears song to rock it out....Matt followed the Coldplay song with Duran Duran after they told him to be careful of song choice. Unfortunatly, I think he did himself in with song choice. I would like to see Phil go next.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayven View Post
    Totally agreed on all points. I really feel like what happened here was they just made an example of him. They've been saying 'song choice, song choice, song choice' over and over again, and they didn't like Matt's song choice here. Even though he kicked major ass with the arrangement and the end result sounded better than the majority of the nonsense the band offered as song choices yesterday. So they made an example of him to drive the point home to everyone else.
    Absolutely! I was disappointed to see Matt in the bottom three, but he did not follow directions.....plain and simple. *dusts hands* The look on the judges faces during the performance was priceless. They did not look pleased at all and I knew that he'd be going home as soon as he named his song choice. Phil's performance was a major improvement from yesterday....it was the only one that held my interest out of the bottom three.

As a devoted RS:INXSer last year, I'm still trying to feel my way into this show. As a west coaster: could you explain how the "save yourself" songs are picked this year since there are no Supernova songs to sing? Last year was simple, sing INXS poorly, you lose. What do they do this year?

And my favorite moment of last night was the JD recap.
    "A pessimist is an optimist with experience." --Chuck Daly

This year the "save yourself" songs are songs the contests pick that they think they can do the best on. As I understand it, anyway.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread