+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Men vs. Women

just when you escape... raisingrrrl's Avatar

Men vs. Women

Last year at the start I felt that it was the Men's contest.

This year, I really feel like the women have the superior talent and since Supernova isn't established, they have less to lose with a female lead singer.

I, for one, believe a woman is going to take this contest. The men aren't as strong as the women.

What do you think?

I am a woman, so I really want to be on the girl's team, but I was way more taken with a couple of the guys. I withold my opinion at this point, since there were a couple of phenomenal females who cause me pause before my final judgement.
    Go Tigers!

FORT Newbie
    Good point. I think a woman could front the band but doubt that the guys could handle having a chick around for touring.

They would sound awesome and different than anything out there right now.

FORT Newbie
    I'd almost rather someone not the best wins this thing since I seriously doubt that Supernova will become anything big. Hopefully the second place person can use it as a springboard for something great and not get dragged down by them.

Sort of like GNR never became anything after the successful line up split up. Same with Motley Crue and most other bands.

I have yet to hear anything from INXS except for Pretty Vegas on the radio a few times....

Quote Originally Posted by jamsmommy View Post
    I'd almost rather someone not the best wins this thing since I seriously doubt that Supernova will become anything big. Hopefully the second place person can use it as a springboard for something great and not get dragged down by them.

Sort of like GNR never became anything after the successful line up split up. Same with Motley Crue and most other bands.

I have yet to hear anything from INXS except for Pretty Vegas on the radio a few times....
    I hear you.... but the fact is that INXS is now hosting sellout venues- I saw them in 1996 when they still had Michael Hutchens, and it was a painfully sad turnout. Since they've had JD, they are supposedely selling out venues left and right. Hmmmmmm......
    Go Tigers!

The men in this competition by and large blend together into a bland whole. The women are where its at this time, and plenty of good rock groups are female fronted.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fan
    After the first episode their was only 1 girl I really didn't like and 3 guys I didn't like so I guess I wouldn't mind seeing a woman chosen for this band. However, last night one of the guys said this wasn't going to be a metal band it would be a rock band. If that's true I think it's more likely that a woman will be chosen. However, if it does turn out to be a metal band I think that makes it more likely that they will go with a guy. As always, it's hard to know how much of what's said on these shows to believe. Thanks

JR.
    I think the women, as a group, are by far better than the men.

I think there were 4 or 5 of the women that would come in ahead of the best male last night. Supernova has never had a lead singer so they may just be more open to a female fronting the group than OBINXS was. I think a female wins.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingrrrl View Post
    Last year at the start I felt that it was the Men's contest.

This year, I really feel like the women have the superior talent and since Supernova isn't established, they have less to lose with a female lead singer.

I, for one, believe a woman is going to take this contest. The men aren't as strong as the women.

What do you think?
    I totally agree! The women rocked and the guys were not impressive. I really liked the first female singer that did "Pinball Wizard" and the one that did the Nirvana song.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."-John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast