+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 7/6/06 *SPOILERS*

Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 7/6/06 *SPOILERS*

Hey, gang, just got back from the Elimination Show taping with some TEASERS for tonight’s show. Now, I ain't gonna tell you who ends up in the Bottom 3 -- and you will certainly NOT learn who's going home -- but if you don't want to know any little thing about tonight's show, then you better stop reading NOW.

Okay? Then, let's proceed --

At the top of the show, we got some footage of the Rockers back at the Mansion after their performances. Well, for any of you missing JD (and even for those of you who aren’t) it looks like we got ourselves another “Bad Boy” on the show. Someone who’s not afraid to speak his mind and ruffle some feathers along the way.

In the Q&A that followed, Dave questioned several of the other Rockers about their responses to this guy. It sounded like everything was fine between everyone now, and there were many professions of love, understanding & support. We shall see….

Encore time! Yes, there was an encore. But what made it interesting is that, first, Tommy asked the audience who we wanted to hear again. That was a mistake, 'cause it turns out that our choice was different than Supernova’s! That took SN by surprise and they suddenly didn’t know what to do. (It should come as no surprise that the choice ended up between Dilana and Lukas.) Some of us started yelling “BOTH!” – but unfortunately we didn’t get our wish. In the end, only one encore was done. But y’all are gonna have to watch the show to find out which side won the debate and who got it.

On to the Bottom 3:

To start, Brooke announced the Early Voting Results Bottom 3: Magni, Phil and Chris. BUT, 3 other Rockers hit the Bottom 3 in the course of voting, and they were asked to stand along with the aforementioned. Brooke then gave out the Final Bottom 3 (one-at-a-time). Suffice it to say that the Final Bottom 3 did not end up exactly the same as the Early Results one.

Each Rocker in the B3 then got to perform a song of their own choice, in order to avoid the ax. (I love that twist! Adds an interesting dimension to the proceedings.) The songs performed were:

L.A. Woman, The Doors
    Stars, Switchfoot
    Planet Earth, Duran Duran (I kid you not!)

Supernova retired to deliberate for about 25 minutes. When they came back, Gilby briefly broke down the plusses and minuses of each Rocker, before Tommy Lee lowered the boom. There was no pithy “You’re not roit for ah bend” catchphrase – just a lot of angst on Tommy’s part. You could tell the dude seriously hated doing it. (I, for one, wasn't surprised at the result, but I know others were.) Considering it was the first boot, it turned out to be a surprisingly emotional farewell.

just when you escape... raisingrrrl's Avatar
    ACK!!!! WHAT A TEASE!!!!

I can't wait to see it! I hope to GOD that Dilana was the Encore!

They should let Gilby lower the boom from now on. He doesn't seem to have any problem with speaking his mind when it comes to criticism.

FORT Newbie
    Interesting that they get to perform a song of their choice. I wondered what they would do since SN doesn't have any songs yet.

Okay, you're certainly holding back the major spoilers, dood! I appreciate not knowing the bottom 3, but c'mon..... the bad boy tease, the encore tease (which obviously SN would have expected people would want Dilana, so I'm saying they picked Dilana but the audience wanted Lukas?)

So not nice, LAGuy. :nono
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Thanks for the great recap LAXguy! And I like the fact that the B3 get to perform a song of their choice in order to impress SN and avoid the axe.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    (It should come as no surprise that the choice ended up between Dilana and Lukas.)
    It's a surprise to me, I'm not seeing the Lucas love.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Thanks LAGuy! It's so nice having an insider amongst us! You're our rock star!

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    It's a surprise to me, I'm not seeing the Lucas love.
    i honestly was astounded at the praise heaped on him. I don't get it either. And I join in on the thanks to LAGuy for the recaps.

Great, non-spoiler tease report on the elimination show! Can't wait to see what happens. Angst on Tommy's part. Who would have thought?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast