+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rock Star - Elimination Show Report - 7/6/06 *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    It's a surprise to me, I'm not seeing the Lucas love.
    Add me to that list. I honestly thought he sucked.

Thanks for the report, LAGuy!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    It's a surprise to me, I'm not seeing the Lucas love.
    I'm not either.

Hey LAXguy, Can you fill us in a bit more on what happened at the Elim Show now that it has aired? I'm guessing that the audience wanted to hear Lukas but SN wanted to hear Dilana.....or was it vice versa? How did the debate go and which side won? Did Chris and Phil sound and look as bad as I thought? I thought Matt's performance was way better but unfortunately not rearranged with a hard enough edge for SN.

Quote Originally Posted by Trynity View Post
    Hey LAXguy, Can you fill us in a bit more on what happened at the Elim Show now that it has aired? I'm guessing that the audience wanted to hear Lukas but SN wanted to hear Dilana.....or was it vice versa?
    Yes, the audience wanted Lukas, whereas SN had chosen Dilana.

I think when Tommy Lee asked who we wanted to hear again, he expected to hear a lot of shouts of "Dilana". Didn't happen. (I personally heard more shouts for "Storm" than for "Dilana" - but, then, I was standing near some huge Storm fans.) Anyway, when it became apparent that the majority of the audience wanted Lukas, Tommy looked like he didn't know what to do - and even wondered whether they both could do it. (Cue audience yelling "BOTH!")

I think it was Dave who suggested they flip a coin - which, of course, no one had. So they made do by flipping a pack of Camels instead! Suddenly the Stage Manager appeared in the SN Pod and had a brief consultation with Tommy. Whatever he said ended the "discussion" and Dilana got the encore.

Quote Originally Posted by Trynity View Post
    Did Chris and Phil sound and look as bad as I thought? I thought Matt's performance was way better but unfortunately not rearranged with a hard enough edge for SN.
    I didn't care for any of the Bottom 3 performances. I actually thought Chris started out good, but quickly lost his way. (I was also in the direct path of his water spit - which I did NOT appreciate.) Phil just does nothing for me -- his performances have been boring and I don't care for his voice. I really don't see how he even got on the show. And poor little Matt? I knew he was toast from the second the words "Duran Duran" left his mouth. (FYI, when Tommy Lee delivered the verdict, he was very careful to say that he liked Duran Duran and that there was no disrespect intended towards them, but that it just was not the right choice for someone auditioning for Supernova.)

As per usual, there were huge chunks of dialogue cut from the episode. I understand the need, but it bugs me when it puts a different spin on what is going on. Biggest example from yesterday: Dave's Q&A about Lukas' comments in the Mansion. The TV edit made it look like there could still be ill-will towards Lukas, when in reality, most of the Rockers professed their utter respect & appreciation for him. Chris, in particular, spoke of how he & Lukas had had a number of talks about his "Roxanne" performance and that he understood completely where Lukas was coming from. I just wish that stuff like this was left in the broadcast -- but, then, that wouldn't be "Good TV".

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post
    Yes, the audience wanted Lukas, whereas SN had chosen Dilana.

I think when Tommy Lee asked who we wanted to hear again, he expected to hear a lot of shouts of "Dilana". Didn't happen. (I personally heard more shouts for "Storm" than for "Dilana" - but, then, I was standing near some huge Storm fans.) Anyway, when it became apparent that the majority of the audience wanted Lukas, Tommy looked like he didn't know what to do - and even wondered whether they both could do it. (Cue audience yelling "BOTH!")

I think it was Dave who suggested they flip a coin - which, of course, no one had. So they made do by flipping a pack of Camels instead! Suddenly the Stage Manager appeared in the SN Pod and had a brief consultation with Tommy. Whatever he said ended the "discussion" and Dilana got the encore.

I didn't care for any of the Bottom 3 performances. I actually thought Chris started out good, but quickly lost his way. (I was also in the direct path of his water spit - which I did NOT appreciate.) Phil just does nothing for me -- his performances have been boring and I don't care for his voice. I really don't see how he even got on the show. And poor little Matt? I knew he was toast from the second the words "Duran Duran" left his mouth. (FYI, when Tommy Lee delivered the verdict, he was very careful to say that he liked Duran Duran and that there was no disrespect intended towards them, but that it just was not the right choice for someone auditioning for Supernova.)

As per usual, there were huge chunks of dialogue cut from the episode. I understand the need, but it bugs me when it puts a different spin on what is going on. Biggest example from yesterday: Dave's Q&A about Lukas' comments in the Mansion. The TV edit made it look like there could still be ill-will towards Lukas, when in reality, most of the Rockers professed their utter respect & appreciation for him. Chris, in particular, spoke of how he & Lukas had had a number of talks about his "Roxanne" performance and that he understood completely where Lukas was coming from. I just wish that stuff like this was left in the broadcast -- but, then, that wouldn't be "Good TV".
    Excellent, thanks for the inside scoop! I just love hearing what happened from your point of view. Makes me feel like I was there! Flipping a pack of Camels....that must have been a sight. It just occurred to me that I should check your spoiler site for your reviews of Rockstar. But thanks for your answer to my questions. I really appreciate it!

Thought Phil should've gone. Don't think he or Chris will last much longer.

just when you escape... raisingrrrl's Avatar
    (FYI, when Tommy Lee delivered the verdict, he was very careful to say that he liked Duran Duran and that there was no disrespect intended towards them, but that it just was not the right choice for someone auditioning for Supernova.)
    And so they kept someone who performed Swtichfoot? That is WHACKED!

MRD
    LA Guy, thanks or all the inside info. It really helps and gives us more insight than the editing we see.

How did the other rockers react when Matt said he was singing Duran Duran? I know SN was a bit shocked and I imagined we could hear a collective jaw dropping from everyone in the house.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    How did the other rockers react when Matt said he was singing Duran Duran? I know SN was a bit shocked and I imagined we could hear a collective jaw dropping from everyone in the house.
    I was up by the catwalk and not near the Rockers Pod, so I didn't pay attention when Matt announced his song choice. But my jaw was definitely one of the ones dropping.

Right before the taping started, I'd been talking with a friend about Dave's interview (the one where he mentioned Duran Duran as an example of a bad song choice for Supernova). We both figured he was just being snarky and that no one would ever choose a DD song. Little did we know....

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Right before the taping started, I'd been talking with a friend about Dave's interview (the one where he mentioned Duran Duran as an example of a bad song choice for Supernova). We both figured he was just being snarky and that no one would ever choose a DD song. Little did we know....
    I wonder if Matt was thinking that by taking that risk, and coming up with a killer rendition, he'd wow the band and make them come see his way. But it wasn't a killer rendition and didnt' work out that way. Not sure if any of them saw last year's show but after hearing all the praise JD got for his rearrangements, a lot of these rockers are probably hoping to get the same acknowledgment!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12