+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rock Star: Supernova 7/5/06 – Insane, Dirty, and Tattooed--and that’s just the Women!

Monsieur Mantenna,

You sir have RAWKED my world to its very foundations with your wondrous witticism and prodigious knowledge of all things RAWKIN' in this virtuoso RAWK STAR SUPERNOVA Recap. I am 100% serious when I say that I cannot pull out my favorite lines--I would literally be quoting the entire thing, as virtually every sentence has some hilarious image or is a clever turn-of-phrase. Brilliant work again! So nice to have you back on the recap beat.

Bravissimo!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna View Post
    And lo, I saw the spirit of punk rock, which rose up from the sea like a great beast. . . .

Lukas has apparently lived off the streets of Toronto since he was fifteen, but that still doesn’t explain why he looks like Chucky. Good Lord. Very ugly transvestite Chucky here is not someone I’d like to stare at for a long time, but man, can he tear up the stage. Growling his way through Billy Idol’s “Rebel Yell” as though it were filtered through The Birthday Party and gargled with razorblades, Lukas delivers a feral and wholly satisfying performance to close out the evening.

Yay! A Manny-cap! Stellar from start to finish, my friend!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Lukas is one ugly dude! You had it right when you called him "Chucky". More like Chucky on crack. What's with the red makeup around his eyes, or is that makeup? Hmmm. My two favorites are Storm and Dilana. Chris should have followed their suggestion and picked a darker song. C'mon he sang a Duran Duran song to save his hide. What a loser and guess what, he lost.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."-John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Gal View Post
    Lukas is one ugly dude! You had it right when you called him "Chucky". More like Chucky on crack. What's with the red makeup around his eyes, or is that makeup? Hmmm. My two favorites are Storm and Dilana. Chris should have followed their suggestion and picked a darker song. C'mon he sang a Duran Duran song to save his hide. What a loser and guess what, he lost.
    The fact that I dislike Lukas already means he is probably headed to the final round.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by lasvegasfan View Post
    The fact that I dislike Lukas already means he is probably headed to the final round.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Excellent recap, Manny! I finally got a chance to fast forward through... er, watch the first episode, and your recap was icing on the cake!
    I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.

What a great way to start off the season, Rock Recapper Star. You have a knack for making the mundane humorous. I loved your descriptions--especially of "Chucky" Lukas. Excellent job!

Insane, Dirty, and Tattooed--and that’s just the Women!

I saw the names Tommy Lee and Gilby Clarke and thought, “Psssh. More like Rock Star: Superdinosaur.”

Tommy Lee: Wielder of the sticks for legendary sleazesters Motley Crüe, there’s not much that I can say about Tommy that hasn’t already been said. Or seen in that video. I beseech divine inspiration to avoid all the obvious “stick” puns. It’s already too late.

There’s an Obvious Storm Pun Rollin’ In!

Yes, I realize that this is as silly as basing an opinion of American music on Creed, so hush it up in advance, you!

However, Toby performs the Dylan classic “Knockin on Heaven’s Door,” and he throws that shrimp on the freakin’ barbie.

Gilby, still reeling from hearing Axl Rose sing this song 9,000,000 times, says it was a “great change” and says “he killed it.”

Who shall follow? Patrice Pike from Austin, TX shall follow, Lord.

Whatever, Keith Richards jumped out of the coconut tree because he heard this bloody song on the radio for the billionth time!

As Josh takes the stage, my poseur alarm instantly goes off . . . this guy is clearly wearing his dad’s preppy clothes.

Tommy Lee says the performance was “beautiful,” and you know you’re something when Tommy Lee calls you “beautiful.”

At this point, the show needs a swift kick in the leather chaps, so I sincerely hope that the tattooed, fiery-haired, face-pierced Dilana can deliver.

He sort of shambles around stage with his gangly limbs going in random directions, eyelids half-closed, perhaps after-effects from the last chemistry experiment.

Southpaw Stammer and Yell of Chucky

. . . and he chose the emasculatingly high “Roxanne” as his piece for tonight’s performance.

Lukas has apparently lived off the streets of Toronto since he was fifteen, but that still doesn’t explain why he looks like Chucky. Good Lord. Very ugly transvestite Chucky here is not someone I’d like to stare at for a long time, but man, can he tear up the stage. Growling his way through Billy Idol’s “Rebel Yell” as though it were filtered through The Birthday Party and gargled with razorblades, Lukas delivers a feral and wholly satisfying performance to close out the evening.

People, people what is it about winners that 'some' folks don't like right off......Lukas is beautiful and sexy as hell...HOT HOT HOT. I think he was singing "RAW" instead of 'more' most of the time but still he's no poseur. PINK is the new 'hot' color on the punk scene I guess and I also think Dilana is gorgeous too but it did seem like her pupils were DiLated too. Storm Large seems like a total sweetheart but I think this competition is b/w Dilana and De Lukas. RAWK ON......loved the recap Mantenna.

FORT Newbie
    So there I was...after a huge night on the hallucinogenics and a bad day at the hairdresser's...when I somehow, accidentally and unwittingly, stumbled into a Hall of Mirrors

And there was Lukas, staring back at me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123