+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 7/5 Season Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

Phil and Chris stunk. I think the latin girl is awful for this show as well.

Toby, Patrice, Josh are my favorites at the moment.

I love Ruben and the FORT 702loves205's Avatar
    My bottom three: Chris, Jenny and Phil
    In all fairness, my daughter called during Magni's performance, so I didn't get to hear him at all. And to be quite honest (I might be the only one) but I really didn't like Lukas. His energy was on target, but I wasn't feelin' his voice; maybe it's the accent? I don't know... maybe next week will change my mind.

My top three: Dilana, Pat and Josh (I love his voice.)

Matt was sweet but he was putting me to sleep then Dilana woke me up with riveting performance. She really kicked butt!

And again, as usual, the house band rocked! They are so awesome!
    To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

I know what it means to fly without wings!!!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    Brooke is looking good.
    Unk, I think Dilana was drooling even more than you tonight.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    That was probably the fastest 1.5 hours I've spent watching TV in a long time. WOW! My two - Dilana and Lukas.

I've been thinking about Janis Joplin all day in prep for the show and lo and behold - an almost Janis belts one out. Hated the rendition of Satisfaction and hope a pick down the road is from the Animals. Gotta get down in the dirt and gravel boys and girls...rock on!

Or I should say the girls rocked while the boys played with soul. I agree with the comments in this thread tonight and look forward to tomorrow's bcast. Now, if I can just get into MSN to vote.

At the risk of going against the grain, I thought Dilana was awful! Great song, awful performance. She's creepy (which I don't necessarily mind) and the performance seemed terribly phony and stilted...the robotic beginning and the frenzied, wiggling ending felt completely rehearsed , I just couldn't feel like she spontaneously reacted to the song. Just my opinion. I thought Josh was head and shoulders above everyone else peformance wise. I will agree with pretty much everyone that Chris's Roxanne was an ill concieved abomination.
    meh...

I've just taped tonight and will read everyone's posts tomorrow . Had to watch CI, CNTM, and a few others. Too much on tonight. But I'm more excited about watching this than CI lately.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I had to tape this tonight since I was watching the Shoobie-Doobie-Dance-Show (as Krom calls it) and Criss Angel's Mindfreak.

Ok..like I posted in Dilana's thread...I'm a straight female but I think I'm in love with this chick!! She is awesome!!! Kick ass voice, gorgeous woman and freaky enough to still be cool!!! WOW!!!

I'm also madly in love with Toby...have been since I saw his picture and it was just reinforced by seeing him perform....

Storm is awesome too...her and Dilana are my fave females.

Josh surprised me...he doesn't "look" the part (whatever that might be) but he looked so comfortable on stage and it seemed so effortless.

With all the tattooed, pierced, multi-colored hair people on this show, Dana seemed a little out of place but she definitely has a voice. It'll be interesting to see her continue tho I don't see her as winning it all.

I felt sorry for Chris.... ...it didn't suck...it was just different. I'd like to see him get another chance. Same for Magni...one more chance.

I love Tommy Lee and I'm still in love with Dave Navarro....

On a sidenote: there is some unbelievable artwork on everyone's tattoos on that show....band wise and contestant wise....lotta $$ tied up on everyone's skin..... WOW!

My bottom 3 are:
    Ryan (cute, not a great singer, comes across as a little too arrogant)
    Zayra (beautiful woman, great body, pretty good voice, not right for this)
    Phil (agree with Dave in that Phil didn't know what to do on stage)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuhippie View Post
    At the risk of going against the grain, I thought Dilana was awful! Great song, awful performance. She's creepy (which I don't necessarily mind) and the performance seemed terribly phony and stilted...the robotic beginning and the frenzied, wiggling ending felt completely rehearsed , I just couldn't feel like she spontaneously reacted to the song. Just my opinion. I thought Josh was head and shoulders above everyone else peformance wise. I will agree with pretty much everyone that Chris's Roxanne was an ill concieved abomination.

I thought Dilana kicked a$$, hell she left Tommy Lee speechless thats who they need to front there band. and the comment about being phony never will you see that, they are looking for a rocker not a Britney Spears.
    Just My .02 Cents

All-in-all, deeper talent than last year's contestant pool. I find that there's a STRONG possibility for a lady to front this band as almost all the girls rocked.

My top 5 favorites so far:

Dilana
    Toby
    Storm
    Lukas
    Dana

Gotta go home:

Chris
    Last edited by Blue Meanie; 07-06-2006 at 03:47 AM.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Chris has got to go. An off-key Roxanne song is not the way to start. He sucked. I'm voting for Phil and Magni just to get rid of Chris. If Chris goes up against better competition, he will definitely be gone.

I thought Jenny and Zayra were medicore too. Among the women I like Storm and Patrice. The women who rocked most though were Jill and Dilana but I don't think their gonna win...too much for the band. Isn't Dana the 22yo? Another young 'un? Meh, she will not make it.

Among the guys, Toby, Ryan, and Lucas stand out. But Lucas may be a bit too much. Don't know about Josh, he's too funky for the band. Phil and Mango were mediocre while Chris sucked the most. Not sure about Matt, maybe he's got something up his sleeve. He's to mellow. Maybe he should just audition for Coldplay, Travis, or Keane.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 07-06-2006 at 04:19 AM.

+ Reply to Thread