+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 7/5 Season Premiere Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tekcat View Post
    I totally agree! I wonder if the Icelandic vote will be very strong and keep Magni in the competition.
    Only if the show actually broadcasts there. Maybe 100,000 of them could vote over and over and over and over!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022 View Post
    Early voting bottom three: Chris, Phil, Magni. Those are spot on to me.
    Got to agree…

I agree with the "early" bottom three. The Roxanne tune was total shat. I think his outfit was a little too cutsie for Rock Star, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Dunno. There's some female stinkage in there as well, even if less. That Zayra chick ain't gonna go down well. And the Bonnie Raitt singing chick was weak too, and possibly the Canadian girl too (although she was more medioicre than actually weak, and could redeem herself).
    But, as long as you don't make me listen to that excuse that was supposed to be Roxanne anymore....I promise to listen to all the worst of the females 10 times over

FORT Fan
    I just don't get it. Why would someone choose to do a song if he thinks the arrangement needs to be "updated". Whatever the reason, I agree, tonight's Roxanne sucked. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paulvons View Post
    I just don't get it. Why would someone choose to do a song if he thinks the arrangement needs to be "updated". Whatever the reason, I agree, tonight's Roxanne sucked. Thanks
    Like last year, the contestants were given a limited number of songs up on a billboard and had to debate and/or fight it out between each other to choose between them. This guy DID fairly willingly accept this song though, if I recall the online ep., although I doubt it would have been his first choice.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think he took a big chance so he could make an impression...sadly he made the wrong one.

Ryan Star, does he really want to be in the competition? He's the saddest looking mofo I've seen. His moody, bad a$$ musician/artist behavior isn't working for me

Quote Originally Posted by paulvons View Post

I think he wanted to "update" it since doesn't have the vocal range to sing it as written. Good tactic if you can pull it off, but he didn't.

No one really stands out in a positive way for me, except perhaps Dilana. She is creepy enough that she has a lot of stage presence. I don't know how well she will wear week after week.
    I don't really like the song selection. What band did that guy singing "Yellow" think that he was trying out for? I hate Roxanne anyway, but that performance made me long for Eddy Murphy.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

FORT Newbie
    Hi everyone,

Amen to most posts.

I think Chris definitely deserves to be in the bottom 3 (which is odd since he sounded okay while rehearsing in the online episode). But I'd put in the Dana and either Zayra or Jenny (Canada deserves better, dammit!) in the other slots.

Oh and I'm all about Dilana and Lukas right now.

+ Reply to Thread