+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Zayra Alvarez - Supernova

Zayra Alvarez - Supernova

Hometown: Dallas, TX

Zayra Alvarez: At first glance, Zayra Alvarez is so elegant, you'd think she walked straight off a fashion runaway in Paris. But when you really see and talk with the willowy brunette, you realize there's an edge to that elegance. An intriguing, eclectic edge that's marked her career ever since she was a teenager.

Born in Puerto Rico, Zayra found her stunning voice in talent shows, school plays and various bands she joined as a teenager. Earning a college degree placed her musical ambitions on hold, but her passion was reawakened in, of all places, Dallas, Texas where her guitar playing, writing, and of course singing received serious attention.

Landing a deal with Brando Records, the powerful singer songwriter embraced her Latin roots with her album "Ruleta" and has since toured the West Coast and her native Puerto Rico. As Paul Nugent Brando proclaimed: "It doesn't matter what language she sings in, this girl has it all."
    Last edited by Mantenna; 07-12-2006 at 03:31 AM.

The only real lookalike I can find is Regina Spektor. Who most people here won't ever have heard of. Oh well. The jokes don't all come easy...

- (minus) =

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

She looks good. Hope she sounds like Lee Aaron or something.

Web Me: http://www.zayraalvarez.com/

The front page of her site is locked down (probably due to too much traffic) but this gets inside: http://www.zayraalvarez.com/music/music.html

For now. Some graphics are down, but many of the links along the side work, and when you DO click on them I, at least, get her sangin'. As with most of the women I've actually gotten samples of this season, she's pretty good. Even if its Spanish, it's cool.

On first glance, she looks like Xena

... abeit a slightly anemic Xena ...

She did not sound so good on that MSN special the band members were not impressed either did anyone notice that? I wish her the best of luck but I think she will be the first one to go.

My problem with her on the special was not so much her voice, which wasn't that bad, as much as the really stupid lyrics she came up with (something infantile like "dees iz da way we rock und roll"--I forget exactly because it made my brain bleed), and the annoying cadence of that "yeah yeah yeah" beat she insisted on using behind it.

This is versus the music which is on her website, which while still a bit weird isn't actually all that bad.

Not bad, not a stand out, but she should be safe.

Definitely good stage presence, but she was off key a lot and her accent really hindered her ability to get the lyrics across. I liked the band arrangement for the song with the Latin flair -- it was the best part of her performance. Lurv the house band.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast