+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Zayra Alvarez - Supernova

You're right that music is about connecting with the listener. She does not connect with me at all--on any level.

While I will concede that she can convey emotion (more so when facing elimination), she cannot sing on pitch. That is very problematic for me, and I do keep both my ears open. It's not the rock and roll type pitch that doesn't matter so much, either.

There is a place in the entertainment industry for her, but Supernova is not it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet View Post
    There is a place in the entertainment industry for her, but Supernova is not it.
    I don't think she really thinks she'll win this competition, but I think she's using it to showcase what she's all about, which will hopefully launch her solo career (or whatever) and hopefully land her a nice recording deal.

People may not like her, but they know who she is and they react to her strongly one way or the other. There's no meh with her, and that's more than half the battle right in breaking in the entertainment industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    I've seen my share of...bands.
    I'll say . Wow, you really have the most diverse tastes of anyone I've ever almost met - very impressive.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I'll say . Wow, you really have the most diverse tastes of anyone I've ever almost met - very impressive.
    Admittedly, some of the bands are better than the others!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Why in the HELL is this chick still in the competition? I actually cringe when she sings and feel embarrassed for her when she performs. She's awful. I can't find one redeeming quality of hers, other than the possible ability to sell sex. And if I'm buying sex, I want it to at least sound good.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy View Post
    Why in the HELL is this chick still in the competition? I actually cringe when she sings and feel embarrassed for her when she performs. She's awful. I can't find one redeeming quality of hers, other than the possible ability to sell sex. And if I'm buying sex, I want it to at least sound good.
    I totally agree with you Jewelsy! I can't believe that Z was not even in the bottom 3 this week and that we have to suffer through at least one more week of her performances (although I usually end up muting or fast forwarding through the bulk of her "act").
    Yuck!!
    At this rate, she'll wind up in the top 5 - how pathetic.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    The sad thing about is, the longer they keep her around, the bigger her head swells. She still thinks everyone is laughing with her instead of at her.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    The only reason I can think of for her still being there is the guys like to look at her. I don't find her that attractive - but to each his own, I guess. That, and she's always good for a laugh. Seems Gilby can barely contain himself during her performances.

it must be the same people votin' for Cra-Z who voted for Master P in DWTS. Those 'tards who like seeing the rest of America suffer.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    The reason she is still here is that people are voting for her.

+ Reply to Thread