+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Zayra Alvarez - Supernova

just when you escape... raisingrrrl's Avatar
    I think she said it so that she would be considered playful and funny.... sorta like taking a jab at the band.

Either way, I didn't laugh

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiteWeightLiz View Post
    I'm sorry, but I just don't GET it! I can't understand why she got so many kudos from the judges last night, either. While she did do a better performance this week than last (but there's no place else to go but UP after THAT!! ) she still stinks to HIGH HEAVEN.
    I actually liked Zayra's performance this week, though I hated both her performance and attitude last week. Everybody Hurts was a Celine Dion-esqe performance, but it was more American Idol type than Rock Star type. I think the judges just appreciated her vocals, even though this is probably not their cup of tea (and will eventually cut her).
    Last edited by SurferBlonde; 07-20-2006 at 06:00 PM.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Even though I think Zayra has embarrassed in almost every episode, I actually liked her Bjorkesque redition of Everybody Hurts. I thought it was good enough to her one more week, where she'll most likely embarrass herself again.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I think they liked the fact that her dress was see-through
    That's gotta be the only reason they liked her REM song cause it was way more Idolish than what Dana did. I guess that means Dana needs to come out in a bikini and then Tommy will like her singing.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

I am so glad Z is still around. She is entertaining and fun to watch. She brought emotions to the songs Everybody hurts and Not an addict. And such an eye candy. Who else could have worn that blue suit and pull it off ?

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde View Post
    I actually liked Zayra's performance this week, though I hated both her performance and attitude last week. Everybody Hurts was a Celine Dion-esqe performance, but it was more American Idol type than Rock Star type. I think the judges just appreciated her vocals, even though this is probably not their cup of tea (and will eventually cut her).
    You just helped me put my finger on it...she reminds me of Celine with horrible pitch problems. I'm sorry, but this girl clearly is not a singer-I think she is in this competition because she looked the best in that vinyl blue outfit she wore and no other reason.
    What up, Kaysar!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner View Post
    I am so glad Z is still around. She is entertaining and fun to watch. She brought emotions to the songs Everybody hurts and Not an addict. And such an eye candy. Who else could have worn that blue suit and pull it off ?
    OriginalSinner, I think we're the only two who like her. I loved her version of "I'm Not an Addict." I don't think she'll win, but I'm glad there's someone doing something different. And she's feisty! Good for her! She gives as good as she gets!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    She's Bjork minus the swan dress.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    She's Bjork minus the swan dress.
    I have no idea if you mean that as a compliment or not. (I hated the swan dress; love Bjork!)

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    I have no idea if you mean that as a compliment or not. (I hated the swan dress; love Bjork!)
    I don't mean it as an insult as I think Bjork is talented - but could you imagine Bjork fronting Supernova? LOL

So I guess what I am trying to say is that Zayra's style of singing reminds me a lot of Bjork's and I don't see that being the style Supernova is looking for.

+ Reply to Thread