+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Zayra Alvarez - Supernova

Sometimes I have to put my earbuds in, scroll down to the right artist and remember how the song should be done. That was the case after her butchering...

Yay! I can change this! rawkgrrrlie's Avatar
    She is just plain awful. I hope she goes next week.

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    I'm sorry, but I just don't GET it! I can't understand why she got so many kudos from the judges last night, either. While she did do a better performance this week than last (but there's no place else to go but UP after THAT!! ) she still stinks to HIGH HEAVEN. And the way she was trying to direct the band on the "reality" footage was incredibly comical! She has absolutely no concept of what a band does or is capable of doing! These people are the "elite rockers of the world" I don't THINK so!

All I can come up with, is that she's there for "reality TV drama and comic relief!"
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by LiteWeightLiz View Post
    I'm sorry, but I just don't GET it! I can't understand why she got so many kudos from the judges last night, either. While she did do a better performance this week than last (but there's no place else to go but UP after THAT!! ) she still stinks to HIGH HEAVEN. And the way she was trying to direct the band on the "reality" footage was incredibly comical! She has absolutely no concept of what a band does or is capable of doing! These people are the "elite rockers of the world" I don't THINK so!

All I can come up with, is that she's there for "reality TV drama and comic relief!"

I simply cannot believe that the judges actually liked that. She has been awful every week and just keeps getting worse. bleecchhh!!

Make her leave already!!

I'm shocked Chris (and Matt) went before her. She is the worst vocalist in the group. BTW, Supernova did make a mistake of sending Chris home and not Zayra. I think Supernova was just trying to support their decision from last week by saying praises to Zayra but the audience know better. Zayra stinks!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LiteWeightLiz View Post
    I'm sorry, but I just don't GET it! I can't understand why she got so many kudos from the judges last night, either.
    I think they liked the fact that her dress was see-through more than anything. That's the only reason I can think of

What was Tommy's comment? "Very yummy." I don't think he was commenting on the song, lascivious one that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by mischief4911 View Post
    I also noticed that when Jill was singing "Bring me to Life" Z looked pissed! I don't think she liked her singing the song she sang last week (and doing a better job of it too I might add).
    THAT WAS PRICELESS! The cameras were almost on her more than they were Jill! Oh, my husband and I were just dying, it was so hilarious.

I so wish we could have seen what happened back at the house later!

One thing, which I haven't seen mentioned, is that in the beginning, when Gilby said he didn't think she had a CLUE what they were looking for - she shot back at him with "I was in diapers when you were famous." Well, that's B/S! UNLESS she was in diapers at the AGE OF TWELVE!! She's friggin' 27 years old. I worked at a record store in 1991 when Guns and Roses were just really taking off, so that would put her at about 12 years old.

I really wish Dave or Gilby would have called her on that! That would have been awesome to watch her try to sass her way out of that one! She's such a snooty boots.

And I agree with the Bjork comparison. I don't think she sounds like her, I do think that she is TRYING to. I said that ESPECIALLY during the REM song.

Quote Originally Posted by pandie5 View Post
    One thing, which I haven't seen mentioned, is that in the beginning, when Gilby said he didn't think she had a CLUE what they were looking for - she shot back at him with "I was in diapers when you were famous." Well, that's B/S! UNLESS she was in diapers at the AGE OF TWELVE!! She's friggin' 27 years old. I worked at a record store in 1991 when Guns and Roses were just really taking off, so that would put her at about 12 years old.

I really wish Dave or Gilby would have called her on that! That would have been awesome to watch her try to sass her way out of that one! She's such a snooty boots.
    Appetite for Destruction was released in 1987. She was 8, but still above diaper stage and it was before Gilby joined the band. Motley Crue was biggest between 1985-1989ish.

She obviously said it for effect.

+ Reply to Thread