+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Zayra Alvarez - Supernova

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baig View Post
    Have you been combing through my brain with me unaware because That's Everything That I'm Thinking.
    I actually don't mind that other people don't like her. She's not an obvious person to "get," I suppose, and is an acquired taste for some. I've just liked her style from the beginning. I would probably pay to see her in concert 'cause I think it would be a show.

I'm more of what they called in the old days a fan of "alternative" music... but I've seen Cher in concert and loved it! It was like Cirque du Soleil and I appreciated the fact that she's thrived all these decades. I've seen Celine Dion and appreciated it (though I'm not a big fan of her songs). They're nothing like the bands I usually go see (the Strokes, the Vines, the White Stripes) or used to go to see (Guns 'n Roses, Blue, Oasis, David Bowie, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, INXS), but it was still way fun.

JR.
    I thought the only time she sounded good was when she sang in Spanish, she pretty much butchered evey other song. She should stick to that and hope for a Shakira-like career. She was entertaining to watch in a car crash kind of way, but rock is not for her.

It was time for Zayra to go. But I'm glad she got the chance to showcase her original song before she got the heave ho.

I hope she is successful...not that I would actually attend one of her shows
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I was not a huge fan of Zayra, and I thought most of the other contestants were better than her, but I was surprised she went this week. I think she's had much worse weeks than this one. I honestly thought that no matter who performed the original song, that they would be a lock to stay for this week. I figured Supernova would hold the person in very high respects for their risk. Guess I was wrong. Her final words were nice, but I'm not really sad to see her go. As long as my rocker is still there (can anyone guess who? ), I don't mind mostly anybody else being eliminated (although, Storm and Patrice better be the next ones to go).

Zayra on E The Soup, very funny.

Click on Video,

http://www.eonline.com/On/TheSoup/Schedule/index.html

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner View Post
    Zayra on E The Soup, very funny.

Click on Video,

http://www.eonline.com/On/TheSoup/Schedule/index.html
    Thanks for the heads up! She was really funny, and was a good sport! I could see her with a potential acting career as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! She was really funny, and was a good sport! I could see her with a potential acting career as well...
    She has a movie coming out and will be singing a song she wrote for the soundtrack. Google Lycanthrope ! There are trailers and pics.

Zayra is a legend. She made me love RAZORBLADE! God we need more singers of her kind!

+ Reply to Thread