+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Zayra Alvarez - Supernova

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I like her, just short of being a fan.

I'm glad she was able to finally showcase her "beautiful" voice. Good for her. Here are some plane space shuttle tickets home.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Loved her original song, loved her performance, loved the raw emotion AND loved her gorgeous skirt! Great job, Z! I hope she gets the encore (although that'll probably go to stupid Ryan or Dilana)...it'd be nice to hear it again before she gets sent home this week or next (probably after Patrice).

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    She was great. That said she belongs in this band like a Chihuahua should mate with a St. Bernard. They're both good dogs, but don't work well together.

she was awesome , she nailed it Z sang so beautiful with her orignal song which i thought was gorgeous and defintely the best preformence there
    I just cant get enough of her she really got me
    I want an encore!!
    Last edited by ilovesara; 08-16-2006 at 03:05 PM.

Hello......this is an English speaking hard rock band!!! I was really dissapointed that SN did not call her out on it. SN makes comments to the others that should be made to Z also. The other contestents should be insulted that Z is still there, because at the end of the competition, she is not going to win. I will miss the comic relief when she is finally eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Loved her original song, loved her performance, loved the raw emotion AND loved her gorgeous skirt! Great job, Z! I hope she gets the encore (although that'll probably go to stupid Ryan or Dilana)...it'd be nice to hear it again before she gets sent home this week or next (probably after Patrice).
    "You Have Got To Be Kidding!!!" I screamed in my best classic John McEnroe voice at the TV when Ryan was given the encore.

You, Ms. Lane, and I are simpatico in liking Zayra. I did not care for her at all the first couple of times she performed. I felt she was wasting my time and using up precious TV electricity. I have changed my mind in the last few performances and now she is one of my favorites. I knew she would never win the competition but hoped she would stay around so I could continue enjoying her. Her beautiful original song performance will stay with me for a long time.

Iím sad to see her go. I would never have believed it if I hadnít seen it, the respect Supernova (and Dave!) gave her at the end. Good luck in your life, Zayra.

Am I the only one who doesn't like her screaming Shakira voice? Her bland look never changed other than her freaky clothing......finally she's gone!! Let the real rockers rock!! I wonder if she thought SuperNova would play some foreign song in their tour??

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baig View Post
    You, Ms. Lane, and I are simpatico in liking Zayra.
    Hey Baig, I'm totally bummed that I missed her goodbye speech (and Magni's bottom 3 performance). Unexpected company stopped by our house and I had to play the part of the polite hostess and unfortunately didn't have the wherewithall to set the VCR to tape the rest of the show. Stupid me.

I actually really liked her from the beginning--when she performed "You Really Got Me," I was sure that SN was going to give her kudos for her unique take on the song and was really surprised a how much they hated it (and the wrath she got from my fellow FORTers!). But I really started to like her when she began showing her feistiness--talking back to the band, cracking jokes, and just being pretty darned cheerful.

One of the things about music that universally appeals to me is being able to feel the emotions of a singer and the song, regardless of what language they're singing in. I didn't have to understand Spanish to feel the emotion of her original song. Her accent when she sang in English doesn't bother me. Heck, I can't understand the lyrics to most of the songs I love when I'm at a concert anyhow--and those are being sung in English. And I'm glad she showcased a song that was so beautiful and powerful. And the fact that's she's bilingual only impressed me more.

She's young, beautiful, has a killer bod, and knows how to "mak show" (as the German fans used to tell the Beatles). I hope she takes Dave's advice and uses this show as a springboard to furthering her musical career.

I'll miss seeing her on the show. If Magni gets cut, I'll really have no one to root for anymore.

FORT Newbie
    I'm actually glad she's gone...she's very attractive, but her voice just agitated me on most of her songs. She started with a unique take on "Bring Me to Life" which I thought was fine...and then with the exception of "Lluvia De Mar" and "Not An Addict", I didn't like her performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Hey Baig, I'm totally bummed that I missed her goodbye speech (and Magnis bottom 3 performance). Unexpected company stopped by our house and I had to play the part of the polite hostess and unfortunately didn't have the wherewithall to set the VCR to tape the rest of the show. Stupid me.
    Her goodbye speech was gracious and classy, just as you hoped it would be. I have to admit getting teary-eyed. Another FORTer posted a transcription of it on the show discussion thread if you haven't seen it already.

I'm finding myself in the minority with a lot of the FORTers here because my SO and I could not believe Magni's performance. His was the best voice I have heard yet. The power and control he had, his pacing, the way he made the song work for him and make it his own was beyond awesome. If you know of a way to hear it, if not see it, you should.

I also had unexpected company pop in 10 minutes before the show started. I did finally told them they had to leave but still missed Dilana.

I actually really liked her from the beginning--when she performed "You Really Got Me," I was sure that SN was going to give her kudos for her unique take on the song and was really surprised a how much they hated it (and the wrath she got from my fellow FORTers!). But I really started to like her when she began showing her feistiness--talking back to the band, cracking jokes, and just being pretty darned cheerful.
    I never saw Rockstar last season and missed at least the first 2 of this season's. I happened to be flipping through the channels around week 3 or 4 and stopped at Rockstar. I thought I would give it a chance but didn't expect much. It didn't strike me as too awful so I decided to watch it again. I slowly started to learn the contestants and was trying to make sense of the whole thing. In the last 2 weeks I have really embraced the show and have picked out my favorites and also-rans.

One of the things about music that universally appeals to me is being able to feel the emotions of a singer and the song, regardless of what language they're singing in. I didn't have to understand Spanish to feel the emotion of her original song. Her accent when she sang in English doesn't bother me. Heck, I can't understand the lyrics to most of the songs I love when I'm at a concert anyhow--and those are being sung in English. And I'm glad she showcased a song that was so beautiful and powerful. And the fact that's she's bilingual only impressed me more.
    OK, this is starting to get scary...

She's young, beautiful, has a killer bod, and knows how to "mak show" (as the German fans used to tell the Beatles). I hope she takes Dave's advice and uses this show as a springboard to furthering her musical career.
    I'm really starting to shiver now...

I'll miss seeing her on the show. If Magni gets cut, I'll really have no one to root for anymore.
    Have you been combing through my brain with me unaware because That's Everything That I'm Thinking.

I'm glad someone else can appreciate a talent that isn't generic. If the nay-sayers would have turned off the sound while Zayra was performing they would have started to have a glimpse of why I like her.

+ Reply to Thread