+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Zayra Alvarez - Supernova

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    The issue is that its not clear if Zayra REALIZES that's she's the comic relief.
    Gershwin,

"They all laughed at Christopher Columbus
    When he said the world was round
    They all laughed when Edison recorded sound
    They all laughed at Wilbur and his brother
    When they said that man could fly"

"They all laughed at Rockefeller center
    Now they’re fighting to get in
    They all laughed at Whitney and his cotton gin
    They all laughed at Fulton and his steamboat
    Hershey and his chocolate bar"

Z will have the last laugh. Hahaha.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner View Post
    Z will have the last laugh. Hahaha.
    If you mean that Zayra will win this, this is delusional. There is no way she is going all the way. She is merely a diversion on the way to deciding the real front person for the band.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post
    If you mean that Zayra will win this, this is delusional. There is no way she is going all the way. She is merely a diversion on the way to deciding the real front person for the band.
    I don't care for SN, I just want to watch Zayra week in week out. Whether she wins or not doesn't interest me.

Well, one thing's for certain. She's definitely one of the most talked about contestants. One post shy of Dilana. Oh....wait....this one ties it at #114.

I like watching her too. I don't think she deserves to win....heck I don't really think she deserves to have gotten this far. But I don't really care. I like watching her and that's good enough for me. I think she'll survive one more elimination. Patrice will go next, then Z the following week.
    Last edited by Tribal Speak; 08-13-2006 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post
    I loved her punkish 867-5309 Jenny, and Call Me had some decent moments. The karate chops distacted me too much in You Really Got Me.

Hope they get her some earphones, for everyone's sake......
    I absolutely loved her Jenny preformence!! my friends thought it was wierd but it is my favorite do far !!( with storm large anything anything)
    she just rocked it I can stop watching it!

and call me crazy but I love the way she sings and everything about her!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovesara View Post
    I absolutely loved her Jenny preformence!! my friends thought it was wierd but it is my favorite do far !!( with storm large anything anything)
    she just rocked it I can stop watching it!

and call me crazy but I love the way she sings and everything about her!
    Jenny was a work of art the way Zayra performed it. Zayra took a lame song and turned it into something exciting. You feel her stalking Jenny and you want to be Jenny at the same time, if that makes sense. Just bizarre. I've listened to it so many times now. Go listen.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner View Post
    A beautiful, crazy and original comic relief too.
    Apart from being a really bad singer, she's not at all original. She is a really bad take-off on any number of performance artists, like a tone-deaf Laurie Anderson without the wit.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Zayra is indeed one of a kind. For that she deserves some credit. I do not think she fits SN at all. And they know that as well. But she is original. Original what I'm not sure. But she's shown she's true to her style and not changing to make anyone else happy.

She is not the best vocalist, but one of the most interesting. I doubt she will win. But I hope she gets herself a great band and goes for it.

Her original song was beautiful. Great she can sing another language too. She should courage by going for it when the others held back.

She doesn't belong with the Band in the end. And that's what the competition is about.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

misskitty said:
    Her original song was beautiful. Great she can sing another language too. She should courage by going for it when the others held back.
    Agreed. Her last two performances have made me a fan.

What is with all of the negativity for singing with an accent or in a different language? Xenophobia?

I enjoy music and could care less what tongue it is in. My current playlist has music from Brazil, Sweden, Sierra Leone, Pakistan, India and others and I like to rock out with Japanese and German metal. I haven't a clue what they're saying and have a good time - by myself, of course! - singing along.

Quote Originally Posted by Baig View Post
    What is with all of the negativity for singing with an accent or in a different language? Xenophobia?
    The problem is not that she's singing in accented English, it's that she's singing in flat, off-key English. That's not xenophobia, that's at least one working ear.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread