+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Zayra Alvarez - Supernova

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner View Post
    Z is definitely gaining lots of fans fast. Good on her. She deserves to stick around longer.
    She really doesn't. She just can't sing. And having a multitude of fans really means squat - look at Britney Spears, Full House and Kraft Dinner vs. Lucinda Williams, Arrested Development and lapin etouffe. As far as I can tell, the worse something is, the more people like it, and that's just depressing.
    Last edited by Rattus; 08-10-2006 at 10:27 AM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

The question is not whether Zayra is ready for SN but whether SN is ready for Zayra ? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    And having a multitude of fans really means squat - look at Britney Spears, Full House and Kraft Dinner vs. Lucinda Williams, Arrested Development and lapin etouffe.
    Nice analogy, Rattus
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Premium Member
    I thought Zayra did well this week - - when she handed Toby the megaphone, that is. Otherwise, at the end of each performance, I keep waiting to hear a Stan Lee voiceover telling her it's time to turn in her superhero costume.

Zayra just doesn't sound like a rock vocalist to me. Perhaps if she were to crossover to pop or something. How she wasn't in the bottom three this week is surprising to me. I almost want her to win, because I'm pretty sure once this show has concluded, I'll never even accidentally run across a Supernova song being played anywhere, which means I'll never have to listen to Zayra sing again. Unless they follow INXS's lead with that 'Pretty Vegas' song which got played on any and every tv show/commercial/anything that would use it. But somehow I think Supernova will have even less success than INXS did from being on this show and won't even make it to one-hit wonder status (if any of Tommy Lee's previous projects are an indication...)

Most of you here don't like Zayra, that's okay.

But she certainly has lots of fans out there with more daring and riskier and, may I add, not bland taste. She wasn't in bottom 3 four times out of 6 weeks, point proven !

I love Zayra she rocks!! she is crazy In a good way
    I loved her preformence tonight

I thought Zayra did well this week - - when she handed Toby the megaphone, that is.
    I agree with you. She is one bizarre chick and I think she totally sucks. I wouldn't spend 5 cents to go see her let alone buy one of her cd's. Zayra should see if she can work out a deal as a sexy assistant for David Blaine.

Fort Member
    She is entertaining and I have to admit I am glad she is still there as each week I look forward to seeing how bad she can get.
    She really can not sing, so I really want to know how she got past the audition stage?
    Not sure about anywhere else but here we got to see the audition process on a couple of specials before the show started and it was fairly gruelling, but there was certainly a few singers alot better than Zayra yet only one Australian made it to house. So how??
    Not that I'm really complaining as the performances would not be the same without her

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner View Post
    Most of you here don't like Zayra, that's okay.

But she certainly has lots of fans out there with more daring and riskier and, may I add, not bland taste. She wasn't in bottom 3 four times out of 6 weeks, point proven !
    Zayra getting enough votes to escape her rightful spot in the bottom 3 only proves that her voting fans DON'T get the point. That is, if you subscibe to the idea that you should be voting for your favorite ONE of the night, or the best one for Supernova.

However, if you are voting just so other undeserving singers get the boot, then, that's fair. Josh and Jill weren't showing an effort to win so they really had no chance. No big loss for the ears.

Things are different now. The untouchables are Dilana, Magni, Storm, Lukas, and Toby. Patrice has been inconsistant, but has given some very good performances that Supernova can relate to. Ryan has been trying very hard to learn and adapt to become what Supernova is looking for. Because of this, both of them should outlast Zayra. Well, unless Ryan doesn't step it up. Then the Zayra experiment could go one more week.

But she certainly has lots of fans out there with more daring and riskier and, may I add, not bland taste.
    I can't respond

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post
    But she certainly has lots of fans out there with more daring and riskier and, may I add, not bland taste.
    I can't respond
    That's really funny. I came into this thread last night, saw the quoted phrase, opened my virtual mouth to respond, closed it, shook my head and left.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread