+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Toby Rand - Supernova

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    I’ve been hearing a lot of talk (on other boards) about how the whole of Australia will carry to Toby to the top three ala MiG. Based on the numbers, I can’t see how this is the case.

-We only have a population of 20 million
    -They don’t broadcast the show on free-to-air television, and only a small percentage have access to pay-tv
    -500,000 watched last year’s finale, which is peanuts compared to 8 million viewers in the US.
    -The voting window is an hour less

Even though I’m also a Melbournian, I threw some votes towards some of the girls like Storm instead, with Tobes is one of my least favourite contestants.

Does anyone know if Toby's story is hitting the papers and such in Australia? I am just wondering if word of mouth, internet and such are going to be giving him a large voter turnout from his homeland.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Nope. Rockstar is not that big of a deal here. The declining Aussie Idol franchise still gets top ratings, just like in the states. And unlike Magni, Toby is not an established singer in his respective homeland.

Quote Originally Posted by quangtran View Post
    Nope. Rockstar is not that big of a deal here. The declining Aussie Idol franchise still gets top ratings, just like in the states. And unlike Magni, Toby is not an established singer in his respective homeland.
    Okay, thanks for the information. I didn't know you are from Australia, so it is nice to have someone with the inside information from there.

FORT Newbie
    Toby with Supernova ruled tonight.
    I won't buy there disc unless he wins!I'm male too I know alot of males like Storm and alot of females like Toby.But I observe.moves,voice,talent,and the look and he has all of the above.......Lets really vote for him next few weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by bustindustin82 View Post
    Toby with Supernova ruled tonight.
    I won't buy there disc unless he wins!I'm male too I know alot of males like Storm and alot of females like Toby.But I observe.moves,voice,talent,and the look and he has all of the above.......Lets really vote for him next few weeks!
    Magni and Toby are getting my votes.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    I genuinely like Toby. I find that he is very rock, without being a freak. He would probably fit in well personality wise with the SN guys - he seems to be able to get along with just about everyone.
    AND... when he sang Layla this week, he actually made me like the song. Normally, Layla is one of my least favorite songs of all time. Way to go Toby!

Do you think that the Australian fans played a bigger role last year because it was also an Australian band? That could make a difference, no?

I think Toby looks like a good fit for Supernova, based on his performance last night.

FORT Newbie
    I'm trying to look on the Rock Star home page......
    Where is Toby's performance with Supernova?
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 08-24-2006 at 08:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread