+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Toby Rand - Supernova

Once again I am alone in the wilderness. I find him incredibly boring, his ability to carry a tune notwithstanding. It is really very depressing that all the little girlies across the planet keep bland pretty boys in business because they're "oooh, so goodlooking". I weep for the future.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Once again I am alone in the wilderness. I find him incredibly boring, his ability to carry a tune notwithstanding. It is really very depressing that all the little girlies across the planet keep bland pretty boys in business because they're "oooh, so goodlooking". I weep for the future.
    Let's share a campfire. I think he does a really good job at some of the songs, and he can sing. I don't find him good looking at all. He's not ugly but he looks pretty ordinary (to me). That said, I do love his accent and he seems like a really sweet guy.

Maybe that's why I don't see him fronting this band... Dilana seems to fit in more with her attitude and look.

Toby has the best original song among the male rockers, second only to Patrice

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Toby: 8 days between posts is not a good sign, mate.

Correct lyrics or not, Toby has a amazing voice. His previous two song choices prior to Solsbury Hill haven't helped him. He'll need to pick wisely from here on out to, at least, overtake Lukas for third place.

Aww, Squatman. Eight days between posts on a message board isn't indicative of a problem, just of the fact that Toby isn't controversial. (eg: Magni had 13 days between posts.)

I love Toby's voice and style but realize it just might not be the best fit for Supernova. But he darned well better make it to third or fourth behind Dilana and Lukas (both of whom I don't enjoy as much vocally but their performance style is a perfect fit for SN.)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I love Toby's voice and style but realize it just might not be the best fit for Supernova.
    I just love Toby and his voice, and would not have a problem seeing him in concert, but like Broadway said ~ I also am not sure he is right for SN.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Worst version of Solsbury Hill ever. Changing the words is fine ... if they make sense. His words made no sense and even contradicted themselves. He lost the point of the song. It's like he didn't see the words, and just sung what he thought the words were.

"I'll pack my bags they've come to take you home?" WHAT?

"My friends would think I was a rut?" WHAT????

Never seen this show... just saw this pic from RealityINXS's avatar... I had to check him out... *rwor* he's hot... dang...
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

Rattus and Lois Lane scoot over and pass the marshmallows...I will join you in the wilderness. I don't dislike Toby, but her certainly doesn't do anything for me either. He's just...meh. I thought Solsbury Hill was way too fast, and while I appreciate his desire to "change it up" every week (megaphone, bongos, what's next...the cymbals?) he somehow comes across as too eager, trying too hard, and basically forgettable.

To me, he's this year's MiG. And like MiG, he looks HOT with no clothes on, but still, boooorrrrinnng.

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post
    ... He'll need to pick wisely from here on out to, at least, overtake Lukas for third place.
    Squatman You mean overtake Magni for fourth place, don't you? Lukas will be in third. He's a canuck dagnabbit. We have to at least place in the top three. You know, now that there's no American left in it, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by DeafChulo
    ...I had to check him out... *rwor* he's hot... dang...
    DeafChulo ..... , you are too cute!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread