+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Toby Rand - Supernova

He's got a great voice, and those purty looks don't hurt one bit, either. He was my favorite male performer of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet View Post
    He's got a great voice, and those purty looks don't hurt one bit, either. He was my favorite male performer of the night.
    I would agree on the favorite of the males thing, but there weren't many good ones to choose from.

He was definitely my favorite guy to perform last night, and he has a great personality to match the musical ability. I loved on the online premiere when he said, "Hi, I'm Toby, and a dingo stole my baby."

He has a great balance of roughness and control in his voice. I hope he sticks around for a while.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Best man of the night. I want to hear him handle a harder rockin' song.

I really like Toby. He is my favorite of all the guys. I know that's not saying much with this batch of boys, but when he came on last night I said "finally! A guy who can actually rock!" TiVo crapped out on me last week so I didn't get to see him (yet the silly thing made sure I had Roxanne to re-live over and over...oh, the humanity) so I was happy to finally get to see him this week.
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post
    Best man of the night. I want to hear him handle a harder rockin' song.
    I'd say you got your wish with this week's show. I was ranking him below Lukas in week 1, but this week he just KILLED. He made the other guys look like total zeroes in comparison.

I mean the IDEA of it seems easy. You sing both intensely and emotively at the same time as you rock out. Too bad all of the other guys confuse that with either screeching or, even worse and more commonly with this bunch, droning.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

EXACTLY, Krom! None of the other fools managed to understand that it's possible to actually sing a rock song without resorting to howler monkey sounds. Toby is the only one who gets the balance, apparently.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

What did everyone think of his peformance last night?

Thought he did a great job with Runaway Train. I'm a big fan of Soul Asylum (new album ain't bad) and that is probably one of their mellowest songs.

Why doesn't SN just pick all heavy tunes if they expect them all to rock out? Sick of hearing them criticize that they are too meloow when much of the material can only be done the original way or if they mix it up fear negative comments...

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    It wasn't his best, but the guy is a lock to at least make the final 4.

+ Reply to Thread