+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Storm Large - Supernova

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Thanks for the article.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post
    In her first two performances, Storm did a lot of "grinding" with the mic stand. Not saying that's good or bad, just sayin'.

Storm is great on stage, but I'd prefer less mugging to the camera.
    Camera hog. I thought i was the only one who was bugged by her incessant grabs for attention. Ok if she is performing. But have you noticed how she is always doing "cutesy" things to draw the cameras to herself when other people are on. Rose in her teeth, hanging her bazooms over the back of the chairs in front of her, rushing to get into the pic when someone comes off the stage etc. Much talent but really

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by augie View Post
    Camera hog. I thought i was the only one who was bugged by her incessant grabs for attention. Ok if she is performing. But have you noticed how she is always doing "cutesy" things to draw the cameras to herself when other people are on. Rose in her teeth, hanging her bazooms over the back of the chairs in front of her, rushing to get into the pic when someone comes off the stage etc. Much talent but really
    Having been at the tapings, I don't see her antics as trying to draw the cameras. She seems to sincerely be having fun, entertaining the audience and horsing around with the other contestants. A lot of what you see on TV is due to the edit and not necessarily in context.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by augie View Post
    hanging her bazooms over the back of the chairs in front of her
    I must have missed this one

FORT Fogey
    can i say this? i was rewatching her performance of "i will survive" online and i have to say that was not bad at all. that was just different of what we saw of her, but rewatching that she actually did awesome with that, it was second to dilana's "cats in the cradle" for me.

Storm rocks
    she is so awesome
    I loved her crying prefoemence
    she always nails it (imo)

Storm is gorgeous and talented. She's six feet tall? Whoa. Didn't know that. Let me just say then that she's a BIG gorgeous and talented woman.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fanatic
    I'm happy to hear she's a six footer - I was thinking Dilana was like 3'8 tonight.

Going into tonight, I wanted Storm to go home. She absolutely won me over. By the end of her performance, I didn't remember what Ryan had sung. Still don't - just remember some real carotid type screaming and some champagne. I like her - but the problem is I came around to liking her too late, because I fear I like Dilana, Toby, Magni, and maybe Lukas more. Eek.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    It seems clear, to me, that the band thinks Storm has talent, but may not be for them. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I was a bit dissapointed in her performance last night.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

She's amazing. They may think she's not right for them (I think she's the one who could take them from novelty act to semi-serious, but that's just me), and that's fine. But what makes me want to scream at my TV is the way she's being presented in all the "behind the scenes" stuff: unsure, no confidence, semi-talented; and the comments da Boyz are giving her, which are largely not based on reality, especially when compared to what they say about the other contestants.

If they don't want her, fine. Just say so ("We love you, you killed the song, nothing bad to say… we're just trying to decide whether you're right for our band."), and leave the stoopit comments and negative editing out of it.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

+ Reply to Thread