+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Storm Large - Supernova

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post

But, after her probably trip into the bottom 3, Storm will survive.
    Perhaps, since Stormy chose this song, they wish to see how she handles adversity. I'd be interested to see how Dilana, Storm, Magni, or Lukas would handle being in the bottom three. Would they tear it up, or fade away?

I think Storm will tear it up.

I didn't hate it. Given that the song was out there and someone had to take it, I think it took real guts. No, it wasn't as good as what Marty did to "Hit me baby one more time" -- which I actually liked enough to buy the track. And yes, I would have liked it even darker. It wasn't my favorite performance of Storm's, but I don't think she belongs in the bottom 3. Lukas's fans kept him out even when he didn't bother to learn his lyrics, so I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that she'll be in there tonight. And if she is, I get another chance to hear her perform, and the band will NOT send her home.

I have to say that I am a woman, 110% straight, and yet I find Storm just completely captivating. Her charisma is incredible.

FORT Regular
    I thought Marty's version was just a ripoff of the Travis version of Brittney's version.

heck I voted for Storm anyway, but I'd like to see her perform anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploni View Post
    I have to say that I am a woman, 110% straight, and yet I find Storm just completely captivating. Her charisma is incredible.
    I'm with you, Ploni. I'm a straight woman, married for 11 years, two kids, and Storm draws me in every time. To me, she seems to have the same kind of charisma and sex appeal as Angelina Jolie.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillalatte
    ...To me, she seems to have the same kind of charisma and sex appeal as Angelina Jolie.
    Really? I would never put those two women in the same boat. Something could happen
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

There's a great, long article on Storm/Rockstar in tomorrow's Oregonian. I looked for it online, but they don't have it up. It might be worth checking back tomorrow, though. The reporter spent last Saturday/Sunday following her around, and it's got a fair amount of behind-the-scenes stuff (including a mention of Lukas's discussion with a production crew member about his desperate need for sex).
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar View Post
    it's got a fair amount of behind-the-scenes stuff (including a mention of Lukas's discussion with a production crew member about his desperate need for sex).
    Before this show, Mr. Troll probably probably had a problem filling that need. But with all of this "being on TV" stuff, they are probably lining up in the hallways for him.

Eww. But probably true.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar View Post
    (including a mention of Lukas's discussion with a production crew member about his desperate need for sex).
    EW!!!! Now I know why I don't like to look at him.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Here's the article from the Oregonian jasmar mentioned:

Taken By Storm

LOS ANGELES -- Walking down Melrose Avenue in simple denim jeans and red undershirt, Storm Large looks like a supermodel. Six feet tall. Thin, yet lush figure. Blond tresses.

It's hard to believe the 37-year-old Portland singer is instead a finalist on the hardscrabble CBS reality series "Rock Star: Supernova."

The last of 15 original contestants, after a Sept. 13 finale, will be the lead singer in a hard-rock band formed by Motley Cre drummer Tommy Lee, Metallica bass player Jason Newsted and guitarist Gilby Clarke of Guns N' Roses. The three rockers also judge the contest.

The trio, with their new lead singer, will be called Supernova. The group will record an album, then embark on a world tour with an inaugural performance on New Year's Eve in Las Vegas.

Competitors came from Iceland, Australia and South Africa. Since the competition started June 25, Storm has made the final seven, spilling her into the 15 minutes of national fame that a reality show can bring.

Yet she is no stranger to a wide cross-section of Portlanders; her fans range from barely drinking age to some born in the 1940s. They've seen her bawdy torch band, Storm and the Balls, at Wilf's at Union Station, the Aladdin in Southeast Portland and Dante's, the free-for-all downtown nightclub.

Shopping last weekend in the bright sun of Southern California, two things are clear about Storm. The blond tresses are new, thanks to Hollywood-style highlights from makeup experts. And a life confined to the mansion where the competitors live (except for these fashion excursions) and rehearsals, performances and obligatory parties have dropped 15 pounds from her frame.

"It's OK, it's just my TV weight," she says in the boutique where she is joined by Supernova stylist Miles Siggins.

With the competition getting fierce, Storm is looking for any advantage. On this trip, it's trousers, a T-shirt, a jacket -- a look -- for the song she's going to sing for this week's competition. "It is crunch time," she says.

During the competition, the contestants are allowed no incoming phone calls, very limited calls out (to radio and print media) and no Internet access. They receive mail from a few friends and family members pre-approved by the show. . . .
    The article is fairly lengthy. I only quoted the first of six pages.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Thank you for telling us about the article jasmar, and for posting it Mariner.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

+ Reply to Thread