+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Star - Supernova

Ryan Star - Supernova

Hometown: New York, NY

Ryan Star: Ryan Star is a charmer. A winking, rocking, All-American flirt who'll make hearts melt worlds over. But he's also one hell of a rock musician, with a wonderful ear, a rich voice and a good sense of himself within the crazy world of rock and roll.

Citing classic rock as an early influence, the 28 year old Long Island, New York native learned guitar by dusting off his brother's unused guitar and learning songs by ear. From then on he started the band Stage with high school buddies, a rocking group of youths who played the legendary CBGB's and Mercury Lounge with parents in tow (they were underage).

But as a grown-up college student, Ryan continued with Stage, eventually signing with Madonna's Maverick Records. This brought him to Los Angeles, and to clubs all over the U.S., touring the country more than once.

But when the group began recording their second album, Ryan decided to move in a different direction, to "take the leap and follow my heart." We're ready, and we can't wait to see what's next.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 07-12-2006 at 03:39 AM.

Does the world really need another Ryan Star(r)?
    <> (greater than or less than but not equal to) ???

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Does the world really need another Ryan Star(r)?
    http://216.69.182.87/images/bio_mug_ryan2.jpg <> (greater than or less than but not equal to) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e0/Ryan_Starr.jpg/200px-Ryan_Starr.jpg???
    If all the Ryan Star's looked like the one on the right then we can just keep adding them. Never too many!

Believe he is the one on the preview that chosses not to sing. May be a huge mistake, seems like a head case.

Not to bad, one of the better voices of the guys.

I thought this guy really stunk up the joint, though I did attribute it to extreme nervousness. He has a fair voice. Let's see if he sticks around and gets more comfortable.

JR.
    Not bad, but I caught on to the same thing Gilby did - the constant looking down at his guitar. That was very distracting.

Other than his ever present scowl, looking like he had zero joy in this experience, I truly dug his performance and his vibe. I also think his talent outweighed the majority of his competitors.
    Go Tigers!

A winking, rocking, All-American flirt who'll make hearts melt worlds over.
    Well, he was certainly flirting with his guitar last night, but that was all the flirting I saw. He comes off as an insecure performer to me. He's already an outcast with the rest of the house, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Will not get past the halfway point. Good, but far from great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast