+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phil Ritchie - Supernova

Phil Ritchie - Supernova

Hometown: Ocean City, MD

Phil Ritchie: Once a straight-A student? Former marching band member? Tattooed rocker Phil Ritchie is a bundle of surprising contradictions wrapped in a coolly confident demeanor.

Born in 1978 in the small town of Shadyside, Maryland, Phil was constantly on the move as a child, finally landing in Ocean City, Maryland. It was there that the impeccable student and jazz band member found life in rock and roll after he was asked to audition for the band Lennex. He nailed the audition, subsequently fronting the group with such success that they've toured the country racking up impressive stage time with national acts like Cake, Fuel, Bon Jovi and The Goo Goo Dolls.

An enigmatic, powerful performer, Phil finds musical inspiration in the likes of (and among many others) Tom Petty, Tool, Soundgarden, and Jeff Buckley. And with that inspiration, he inspires us as well.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 07-12-2006 at 03:40 AM.

Why do half of these guys look like Garth Brooks when he "played" that silly Chris Gaines character?

/ (divided by) = Zero

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

A rocker with a brain is always a good thing. Hey, if he was in a marching band, maybe he can teach Tommy Lee a thing or two, or simply balance out the collective I.Q. of "Supernova."

I wonder what he played in jazz band? Playing jazz usually results in serious chops for rock music. Of course, he'll be primarily singing, so maybe that doesn't matter. Still, I like the idea of it.

Phil finds musical inspiration in the likes of (and among many others) Tom Petty, Tool, Soundgarden, and Jeff Buckley.
    Another nice mix!

Another awful guy performance. Also bottom 3.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Meek

His performances are best suited back in the privacy of his own bedroom where all his foolishness originates.

I'd love to hear a Chris and Phil duet

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN View Post
    Meek

His performances are best suited back in the privacy of his own bedroom where all his foolishness originates.

I'd love to hear a Chris and Phil duet
    Too right. This guy creeps me out. Ans Chris is a definite amateur. The comments from the band re amateur night and having to close your eyes to enjoy Phil were right on.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I actually really like Phil. I love his voice and I dig his performance style. Maybe not the perfect for Supernova, as they seem to be more hard rock, but I hope he sticks around a bit more so I can see more of him!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Phil totally got the raw deal. The B3 should have been Josh, Z, and Dana with Josh getting the boot. Phil's unique and deserved to stay IMO.

Too bad Phil is gone. Zayra deserves to leave much much more than him. IMO, he seems to want the gig more than her. At least he doesn't jump around in blue spandex spacesuits and ruins some songs.

G'ma to Audrey and Nathan winelover's Avatar
    Why, oh why, are they letting Zayra stay around? Not a Phil fan, but she really sucks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast