+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patrice Pike - Supernova

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the final 3 were Patrice, Storm & Dilanna. The guys are mostly filler.

She is my favorite so far. Her performance last week of Heart Shaped Box was straight up with no theatrics and I really like her voice (a little reminescent of Suzie Macneil). Can't wait to see what she does next - hope it will be a higher energy song/performance.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Patrice let loose on My Iron Lung. Her energy was where it should have been, and she sang with the right amount of rawness.

I love Patrice. She's my favorite overall singer/performer, although she's not right for this group. She's got an amazing voice (better even than Suzie M., IMO), and I like her understated stage presence.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    Wow I can't believe I haven't posted on here yet being as Patrice is in my favorites.

Her performance of "My Iron Lung" seems to have brought her a lot of friends. I like the dynamic that they can sing their own song to save themselves.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Out of all the contestants, Patrice is by far the dullest. Looks, voice, stage presence, pretty much everything about her I find unmemorable. It doesn’t help that she’s yet to sing a song I actually like. Surprisingly enough, I thought she sounded awesome during the vocal clinic when they were singing the song “What about love”. Next week would be a perfect time for her to change it up and sing a tender rock ballad.

Quote Originally Posted by quangtran View Post
    Out of all the contestants, Patrice is by far the dullest. Looks, voice, stage presence, pretty much everything about her I find unmemorable. It doesn’t help that she’s yet to sing a song I actually like. Surprisingly enough, I thought she sounded awesome during the vocal clinic when they were singing the song “What about love”. Next week would be a perfect time for her to change it up and sing a tender rock ballad.
    Patrice appears to be the stereotypical generic tatooed rocker chick that everyone initially assumed Dilana would be. As for absolutely vocal talent? Her level isn't THAT bad (I recall listening to her online samples before Rock Star and being impressed), but her stage presense is very predictable and paint-by-numbers.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think Dave's comments really hurt her and influenced the voters which placed her in the bottom 3 twice. But after hearing My Iron Lung and her original song, she has a lot of depth and much to offer Supernova. Go Patrice !

Her band, http://www.sister7.com/

I would never have put her in the bottom 3 after her Iron Lung & Higher Ground performances, but there's something oddly off-putting about her stage persona. Can't quite put my finger on it - maybe she's just overshadowed by the stronger personalities around her.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

i think its her hair that bothers me. i find it distracting. instead of listening to her sing, i have flashbacks of 1997 chunky Spice Girl-esqe highlights
    "He is like an Iraqi peach and I want to devour him...take the pit, plant it in the backyard, and HOPE to grow some more."- Marcellus on Kaysar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast