+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Magni - Supernova

Singing "My Generation" without the stutters is NOT singing "My Generation"!!!

Magni sounded pretty good but was not true to the only way that song can be done. Roger Daltrey, even in his 60s still stutters the affected words, maybe not as well as he once could but he does give it a go nonetheless.

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE]Evidently that large voting block from Iceland put aside the pickled hearing & picked up the phone & keyboards to vote en masse to keep him out of the bottom 3.[/QUOTE]

The large voting block you are talking about is not large at all, there only live about 300.000 people in Iceland, the show is on really bad time in Iceland, after midnight because of the time difference.

I'm from Iceland and I think he is really good, I'm voting for him, and staying up late so I can vote for him, even tough I show up at work really tierd the next day after.

He rocks, he has my support. I think he sang My Generation really god and rocked it out.

Go Magni

Quote Originally Posted by RushVB View Post

Magni sounded pretty good but was not true to the only way that song can be done. Roger Daltrey, even in his 60s still stutters the affected words, maybe not as well as he once could but he does give it a go nonetheless.
    If he had sang it with the stutters he would have been masacred as a third class imitator. I think he made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by sola View Post
    [QUOTE]Evidently that large voting block from Iceland put aside the pickled hearing & picked up the phone & keyboards to vote en masse to keep him out of the bottom 3.

The large voting block you are talking about is not large at all, there only live about 300.000 people in Iceland, the show is on really bad time in Iceland, after midnight because of the time difference.

I'm from Iceland and I think he is really good, I'm voting for him, and staying up late so I can vote for him, even tough I show up at work really tierd the next day after.

He rocks, he has my support. I think he sang My Generation really god and rocked it out.

Go Magni [/QUOTE]

I was being facetious. I realise you have a small country, but I didn't know it came on at such a weird time.

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    I wasn't sure about him performance-wise after the first two episodes... I really like how his personality is coming out on the "reality" show footage on the rockstar website, though, and it sounds like he's really benefitted from the voice lesson he received this week, so I'm looking forward to seeing him grow and develop.
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

Magni

I think the first performance, satisfaction was not so great, but the last 3 performances were amazing!! first,before i heard the first performances, i hoped he would at least make the first cut, and now after 4 have been sent out and ive seen the others, i think he will at least make it to top 5!!
    i have seen other people on here on other threads in the rockstar supernova category say the same thing,about him being in top 5.
    the performance that was posted in the beginning of this thread was dreadful, horrible,.. but he didnt write the lyrics or compose the song, he was told to do it this way, it was a competition too, for the annual European song contest called Eurovision, this was a contest of about 20 different songs. I was actually glad he didnt make it to the big competition in Greece/Athena... but now i see him there, and he is so brilliant there, i actually think he is more rocker than i thought he was..
    the only thing i would change is more stage presence, and that is easy to work on..
    This stage is such a big change for him, because I personally think that it is different performing for Americans than Icelanders. They require more..
    Bands like A Moti Sol tour the countrie singing at town ball's and at national holidays.. they perform in nightclubs too.. I myself dont see flyers all over about tickets to bands like this for huge concert.. maybe i am wrong about no biggie consert, and if there is an icelander here that knows i am, please correct me... but keep in mind, i am not talking about singers like Bubbi Morthens.. which had a birthday concert 6. 6. 2006. it was sold out for i dont know how many people and it was on TV.. but he is a singer that has been loved by many Icelanders for decades. He used to be a rocker, but is more melody singer now.
    Anyway, i think he is getting used to performing for Americans, cause he doesnt have that face on anymore, that made him look so weird, his face expressions are more normal now, but he could move around more.
    I still like him and I also like Dilana, and maybe Storm too..
    Best wishes
    ElskaRealityTV

sorry, but i disagree

Quote Originally Posted by RushVB View Post

i understand that you know the song well, and have gotten used to the original performance,
    I however never heard the original until after Magni performed it. And to be completely honest, the one of 2 parts i liked better about his performance was that he didnt stutter.. the other is that i simply liked his voice better in the song.
    He also made it his own, which is a really good quality in a singer, not everyone can change songs, and make them sound good, or better.
    but i think he did and i am proud of him for it!
    best wishes
    ElskaRealityTV

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Hi Elska! Welcome to the FORT!

Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 08-01-2006 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Remove deleted quote

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    Magni is super hot.

thanks, and yes

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Hi Elska! Welcome to the FORT!

Thank you I like this page, just found out about it on another blog about Rockstar Supernova, but that blog is in Icelandic

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOf1000Cats View Post
    Magni is super hot.
    Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast