+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lukas Rossi - Supernova

Lukas Rossi - Supernova

Hometown: Toronto, ON

Lukas Rossi: Jeff Buckley meets Freddie Mercury? Though you probably never thought you'd hear such a unique merging, this is exactly how mega evocative, singer songwriter Lukas Rossi has been described.

The distinction has served him well during his 15 years in music. Lukas has recorded, written, produced and played with his own popular band Cleavage, as well as co-written, sung and gigged with various Canadian bands, including Papa Roach, I Mother and Big Wreck. He's also worked with producer and Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson, and Jay and John Levine from the Philosopher Kings and Prozac-just to name a few.

A notable, soulful standout all his own, Lukas also contributes vocal work for television and radio, singing on national ad campaigns and even an animated cartoon. His credentials, experience and finally, magnetism make for a performer as exceptional as he sounds.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 07-12-2006 at 03:35 AM.

He looks kind of like a love child between Jack Black and that guy who played Bug Bundy. That's the best I can do.

= + (plus)

Okay. This comparison sucks compared to some of the others...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

He's a bit cocky but could go well with the band. I mean, to be in a band like Supernova you gotta have some attitude.

Can't find an individual site, but here's a MySpace page for his EX-band, Cleavage (the site confirms they broke up).

http://www.myspace.com/cleavageinc

He does the others one better by having a video up, not just music. I'm not that into this sound, but as far as this kind of stuff goes I know its not bad, even if I personally don't like it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Hmm . . . Jeff Buckley and Freddie Mercury? That's a rather tall claim, and I'm naturally a little skeptical. I'll be interested to hear this guy sing!

Scary, spooky, over the top. I didn't get all the praise heaped on him.

I really, really loved him. I'm a fairly conservative woman, and I just thought he was HOT. He has a lot of confidence and a good presence on stage. He rocks well. Along with Dilana, he's in my top 5.

I had a hard time understanding the words he was singing. And he is the main topic on the RS boards, I just don't get it.

FORT Fan
    finally the oompa loompas have broken the glass ceiling of reality tv
    "the hurrier i go the behinder i get" - a wise third grade shop teacher

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna View Post
    Hmm . . . Jeff Buckley and Freddie Mercury? That's a rather tall claim, and I'm naturally a little skeptical. I'll be interested to hear this guy sing!
    Ditto. I don't even know who Jeff Buckley is, but this guy in no Freddie Mercury. Personally, I did not think he was very good last night. Sadly though, he was one of the best.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast