+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lukas Rossi - Supernova

Well, my allegiance has switched from Dilana to Lukas. Apart from being able to sing appropriately *ahem, Ryan and Zayra* with a rock band, he appears to have the ability to understand which songs work best in the context in which they're being played.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

query

OK, everyone, I admit, I'm probably older than most of the people who watch this show. (Although not as old as the guys in Supernova.) But does the pink eye shadow bother anyone else? I didn't mind it once. And I really could not care less if he prefers boys, girls or zoo animals. But it's starting to creep me out.

His "Hero" was a letdown for me. I thought the vocals were the weakest I've heard from him, and I'm baffled as to why he picked such a silly song. Or maybe he's just not an unplugged kind of performer. Very disappointing after last week - his "Creep" performance was stellar.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Ploni View Post
    OK, everyone, I admit, I'm probably older than most of the people who watch this show. (Although not as old as the guys in Supernova.) But does the pink eye shadow bother anyone else? I didn't mind it once. And I really could not care less if he prefers boys, girls or zoo animals. But it's starting to creep me out.
    Actually, the pink eyeshadow doesn't bother me at all. I like how he changes things up with the hair, makeup, etc. It sits well with him, he doesn't seem uncomfortable in his own skin, and that tells me he isn't posing as far as his appearance goes. He's not all broody and intense like Ryan, he doesn't seem as easy going as Magni or Toby, he just is who he is. I think the Supercrapheads realize that they will need to go a certain direction if Lukas joins their band...his song styles and stage presence have made that clear...it now remains to see if they will want to go that way or not. If not, so be it. I don't think he will be shattered if they don't choose him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploni View Post
    Ya the weird makeup is creepy. I wish he would get voted out but can't see that happening...he looks like he's in love with death which is just not right. And his voice when he does that trying too hard want to see how sh%$#%y I can make myself sound "singing" just sounds like crap....that may be his only downfall. *crosses fingers he doesn't make it
    Last edited by speedbump; 08-17-2006 at 10:17 AM.

FORT Newbie
    I'm with AJane here. Hero was a disappointment for me as well. He rocked "Creep", and then turned in that for "Hero"? Which is unfourtanate, because I actually enjoy the original version of "Hero" with Kroeger and Josey Scott.

FORT Newbie
    I really like Hero, I thought the vocals were really good. Maybe his adorable face distracted you, try listening with your eyes closed.

He's in love with death? I don't really see it. He smiles a lot (and has a lovely smile) and he seems to like to laugh and joke around (he was seriously cracking up when Toby was streaking). Don't let his make up fool you...lots of people sport make up and weird hairstyles, and they are by no means Marilyn Manson.

FORT Newbie
    Makeup kind of looks cool to me. I don't get the death thing either. He's kind of gothy, but is more mischeivious and smiles more than any goth I've ever seen. We need to invent a new word that describes happy-sexy-goth.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalwatcher View Post
    I really, really loved him. I'm a fairly conservative woman, and I just thought he was HOT. He has a lot of confidence and a good presence on stage. He rocks well. Along with Dilana, he's in my top 5.
    I am scanning the responses on Lukas and I am with Goalwatcher. I also am a conservative woman (over the age of 40, okay now over the age of 50!)and I think Lukas exudes something special that the others do not. A combo of sexuality/toughness/hurt/child-likeness shines through all of his performances. I must have watched "Creep" ten times and he just absolutely commands the stage in a way that Dilana and none of the others do. You can't take your eyes off of him. Anyway, I think it will be him and Dilana in the finals but I could be wrong!

"It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear." - Norm from Cheers

+ Reply to Thread