+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lukas Rossi - Supernova

FORT Newbie
    Lukas has the passion that inspires both adoration and haters. Luckily his fans are ardent since he didn't hit the bottom 3 this week, and that devotion should carry him to the finale.

I voted like crazy for Lukas this week, and obviously so did a lot of others. For some unknown reason I also threw in a few votes for the crazy woman - ha! - I couldn't believe I was actually going to that trouble, but guess what? She was just nuts enough this week to make me laugh my guts out, and for that entertainment (and to have the audacity to actually perform the way she does!) I felt she deserved a few of my votes!

I was shocked to discover that Zayara (sp?) was not in the bottom 3 either, so that means that my *passion factor* has some credibility.

FORT Newbie
    I'm another big fan....started out liking Dilana most, but have switched full force to Lukas.
    He's so adorable, and crazy talented, sings with passsion. I like his look, cause he's not afraid to do anything. He mixes the old with the new and he's adorable....oh, I already said that.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    This is a first: I agree with Krom. Lukas is a poseur. I think he would look ridiculous in front of the three veteran rockers - just trying to keep up. Not feelin' the love, peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    This is a first: I agree with Krom. Lukas is a poseur. I think he would look ridiculous in front of the three veteran rockers - just trying to keep up. Not feelin' the love, peeps.
    I made that comment weeks back, mind you. He's impressed me more since that. And I don't think I ever quite meant it to mean that he couldn't front the band--it was more a comment on how much artifice there was in the surly, arrogant attitude he seemed to have early on in the show.

I STILL think a lot of what he's doing is a put on. He's a poseur, but a poseur with a lot of real talent underneath the put on sneer (which notice, he's using a lot less these days, since I think he realized at some point that it wasn't helping his chances).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm of the mind that the three veteren rockers would actually look ridiculous behind Lukas, not the other way around. He's more appealing to younger audiences today, and they will look like geriatrics in comparison, IMO. However, a lot of people said the same with JD/INXS and so far it seems to be working out fine.

I also see real talent underneath the skunk-striped hairstyle and eyeshadow. And I may be going to hell for this, but that wink at the end of Creep was all kinds of sexy to me .

I'd be happy seeing Lukas win, then dump the chumps after the requisite contract has ended and go on to have a proper career.

Lukas is my favourite, but there are two things about him that bug me:

1. He's always playing with the fuzz on his chin
    2. He is a "Creep" when he sticks his tongue out at the camera

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    I STILL think a lot of what he's doing is a put on. He's a poseur, but a poseur with a lot of real talent underneath the put on sneer (which notice, he's using a lot less these days, since I think he realized at some point that it wasn't helping his chances).
    Another first - I agree with Krom.

Though I did like Lukas from the get-go (still second to Dilana, of course). I'm not convinced he's right for this band, but a strong contender nonetheless. The songs he's chosen to do thus far suit him far better than anything SN is likely to produce.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I happen to be impressed with Lukas. He's been quite consistent. He's quirky. He's got his own vibe going on. He's got talent. He's taken criticism well. He's chosen good songs. I think he can manage to stand up with SN.

Oh, and did I mention he's Canadian

Go Lukas! (for the men)

It'd still be GREAT if a woman fronted SN!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Newbie
    I still think he's sexy as hell, I think it's that he's not all down and broody like most goth types. His smile is exquisite.
    He has shown a lot of different sides to his voice and I love his singing.
    I just wonder why people think he is a poser?? What exactly does that mean...I mean he has been writing songs (57 have been officially credited to him) and singin in bands since he was 15. What is poserish about this?

I honestly do want to know. Maybe I have always had the wrong definitionin mymind.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Great performance last night, although I was annoyed by the weird way he played to the camera.

He just may have a chance to overtake Dilana and Magni. He'll need to chose the remaining songs carefully and "rock it hard" the rest of the way.

+ Reply to Thread